Faulty Thermostats

Trev241

Reaction score
After getting over the water pump issues I now find out that thermostats are failing on V6 engines (workshop campaign 19H3).
The document suggests that potentially faulty units should be changed immediately.

Problem is that on the S4 the supercharger has to be removed which makes me a litttle unhappy, booked in for Monday.

Suggest everyone checks with their dealer to see if they are affected.

Last edited:

Thanks Trev.

SC off, not happy to say the least!

I will let you know about my car after the dealer rings me back. What was the build date on yours again?

Phil.

Yep i need my thermostat replacing. To say that i am p***ed off is an understatement!

Jan 2010 build date for those interested........

That's a bit annoying on such a new car.

Looks like the guys in the US that had Water Pump and Thermostat are getting the drivetrain warranty extended to 100k miles. I wonder if the UK owners will see that.

Last edited:

Thanks Trev.

SC off, not happy to say the least!

I will let you know about my car after the dealer rings me back. What was the build date on yours again?

Phil.
My build date was September 2009.

That's a bit annoying on such a new car.

Looks like the guys in the US that had Water Pump and Thermostat are getting the drivetrain warranty extended to 100k miles. I wonder if the UK owners will see that.

My guess would be NO, but then what would that actaually cover that might fail outside of the usual 3 years?

WTF!! We are paying £40K plus for the car and it suffers one issue after another. It is definitely not what I expect from any Audi nevermind the S4 which is highly praised by the press. Mine was built in Aug 2010. It appears I escape from the water pump glitch. Awaiting to see how the thermostat problem unfold.

Hah - My waterpump failed while I was taking the S4 to have the gearbox looked over.
They have just fitted a new gear DSG gearbox, to cure the problem (pullaway very jerky when in stop-start traffic for a long time), and I was also informed they changed the thermostat. Starting to regret this...............................

German engineering doesnt seem to be what it once was........

This the most expensive car i have brought, its also already had more serious problems than any other car i have owned. I wonder whats next :(

German engineering doesnt seem to be what it once was........

This the most expensive car i have brought, its also already had more serious problems than any other car i have owned. I wonder whats next :(
My thoughts exactly.