AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Up the owls!

Status

S4 accelerator "turbo mode"

OK maybe not the right thread title, but has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a little bit extra travel on the accelerator if you press a little harder?

So you put your foot to the floor and it feels like it is depressed fully, but if you apply a bit more pressure there is a little bit of extra travel. Is this by design and is it some sort of "go mental" position??
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Are you sure you're not just bending the throttle stop back.
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

Reverse Gear

Status
    isnt it just kickdown activating - I am sure my A3 has that ability and you get an obscene jerk as it drops gears and goes full throttle?
    Current Car: A4 Phantom Black Avant Black Edition 2L TFSI, quattro, S-Tronic, Tech pack high, Drive select with damper control, heated seats, Audi parking system plus, kitchen sink

6th Gear

Status
    Ah yeah... just noticed the OP has s-tronic
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

Up the owls!

Status
    not convinced its just for kickdown since it kicks down anyway if you depress far enough. Its definatley by design though and not something I am "bending back" - i'm not pessing that hard ;-)
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.