Recoding Rear Taillights

DavidB8

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I know I don't post here much but just looking for some more participation in my current project.

I have access to secure area in module 46 that has the rear light programming. This is the area that gets reprogrammed on LED swaps. I've had great success re-coding basic light configurations for people such as enabling the brake lights around the fog lights so they work when the fog light is on. Also enabling brake lights on the Avant inner lens.

What I am looking for is people to allow me to connect to their car remotely and do a scan of their module 46. I am using free software from teamviewer TeamViewer Download

You need internet access and a VCDS cable obviously. Your help will go towards figuring out LED swaps for others.

There is more information in the main thread on Audizine here : LED Tail light programing finaly cracked - New Video Added

If your looking for a change in your light configuration that can also be done remotely since I am not currently releasing the security code for the module. All I ask is a donation to my website at AudiEnthusiasts Home.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. And please feel free to re-post this on any forum you may frequent. This applies to all of the B8 platform not just the A4.

Nice website David, been looking at it a fair bit myself recently with a view to doing the TPM mod.

I guess what you are trying to achieve is to avoid the need to involve Kufatec and their dongle. I read a bit about this with the A5 boys having issues with different variations of controller and initially Kufatec having problems with the dongle.

A question was just raised in another thread which you may know about -

I assumed that HHA and TPM are linked as in, if you ordered HHA then you ought to have a suitble ABS controller for TPM and somone has asked does it work the other way, order TPM and enable HHA?

Sorry for the HiJack :eyebrows:

Well if Kufatec did a quarter of the research they should have they would know why they are having troubles with the A5 group.. Hell I knew what they where doing wrong in about 3 minutes after reading some of the issues. North America has one more light than the Euro on the Bulb version and we have a different lighting configuration on the LED. So if your not address the coding on the proper channels then your going to end up with bulb out errors or fast flashing syndrome. The fact that they have one North American car working right but can't figure out the others tells me they just got lucky and they aren't sure what they did.

I would be bit concerned about the modules as I have yet to see any LED and Bulb car share the same module but based on the A4 conversion there in Europe the fear may be unfounded.

I'm not saying I can do it better than them but they spent over 3 hours on a persons car in their shop to get the Avant inner brake light working and I figured it out in about 15 minutes with the proper research done in advance.

I would love to get a few dead dongles from people so I can explore offering a solution like theirs but make them reusable in the event the dealer does an upgrade an wipes the coding.

On your other note.. Yes I believe the reverse to be true on the AHA and TPMS. I think no matter which one you have you can activate the other. I also think that the module may be the same for ACC but haven't confirmed that yet.

Since I can't edit my old post I'd like to put a small retraction. It looks like Kufatec wasn't as behind as my ignorance original thought. After being at this for some time and still learning it's surprising how much there is to learn. Even last night I got a new scan of a car that expalined a lot about the A5 group having problems in North America. It's no wonder there are difficulties converting from one market to another. Audi has really changed things up from one place to another. They even used different channels in the coding that are locked to one market but not another.

I know codes have been leaked and I certainly hope everyone knows what they are doing. Apparently I still don't know it all after months of working on it.. A lot more respect for what Kufatec figured out.

I think Kufatec probably have some good contacts David.

I've made some changes to my car using the info from your website so it's much appreciated.