Monster MotorsportSky Insurance

Thread: A4 Dunlop tyres

Up the owls!

Status

A4 Dunlop tyres

Anyone else got these on from the factory and finding them a bit noisy?

Car is so quiet except for the droning of tyres!
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I can't say I've found the noise intrusive. I've not notice any difference over the last B8 I had and that wore P Zero's.

I'm running 19" Dunlop Sport Maxx GTs.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Lead boot

Status
    My previous car had Dunlop SP Sport 9000's (v-pattern) fitted and they wore very quickly and were really noisy. I got rid of them in no time at all.

This car has *rappy (with a capital C) Pirelli Cinturato P7's on the front which aren't noisy, but they just don't grip. I will replace them with Continentals to match the back (which were my original front wheels) My other choice would have been P-Zeros since there was very little difference in price. When you come to replace have a look at UK Tyres Online: Cheap Car Tyres Shop | Blackcircles.com
    (59) 2.0T A4 S-Line Avant (B8) Lava Grey
    (N) 2.6 V6 Audi Convertible Europa Blue
    Gone: (02) 1.8T A4 sport saloon (B6) Denim Blue

Neutral

Status
    No real issues with them apart from the 754.00 Kwik Fit stung me for three new ones! The originals had covered nearly 20k though.

1st Gear

Status
    kwik fit??? at least dick turpin wore a mask
    2005 Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.5 V6 TDI S Line 163BHP
    Now Remapped to 195BHP

Neutral

Status
    Agree - Won't be using them again! Website throws out a price for the more tyres you buy, the cheaper it is. Didn't read the small print and they have to be booked in advance through the site. Phoned that morning after looking at the site, told to come in for 14:00hrs and was given nil discount as it wasn't actually booked online.

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    Car Tyres: Cheap Tyres Online | TyreTraders
    unbeatable fast delivery, local tyre shop should fit for a tenner a corner
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Neutral

Status
    Cheers, will look them up in another 4 or 5 months.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by eno394 View Post
    Agree - Won't be using them again! Website throws out a price for the more tyres you buy, the cheaper it is. Didn't read the small print and they have to be booked in advance through the site. Phoned that morning after looking at the site, told to come in for 14:00hrs and was given nil discount as it wasn't actually booked online.
    bang out of order, think i would have told them to take them off again and leave th car as they found it. the could have at least split the difference from the internet price with you.
    Now Remapped to 195BHP

Neutral

Status
    My fault really. Should have learned my lesson at Halfords. Went in for a Satnav I'd liked the look of for Xmas. 30.00 more instore. Guy told me to go outside and order it on my B.B and come back in an hour to collect it.

Kept my trusty old Tom Tom, and they lost a sale.

1st Gear

Status
    as much as you may have made an error, i just think it would have been good customer service to offer you a discount, maybe not the full net discount but at least a gesture would have been nice.
    Now Remapped to 195BHP

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've got a B6 Avant 2.5 TDi Quattro Sport which was shod with Dunlops when I bought it. Dunlops are a very hard tyre making them nosy and with iffy grip. Mine used to go into a four wheel skid if I was too quick into corners in the wet! Changed them for Michelin Pilot Premacys and it's a different car. Quieter and with miles more grip. I'm in the trade and know the value of quality tyres and how it can transform a car. At present I'm waiting for my new A4 3.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition, which I believe will be Dunlop shod, so we'll have to see if they're better on this car but I doubt it. Perhaps I'll do a track day and then get some Michelins...LOL

handcrankywannkyspanky

Status
    Iwas pretty concerned what tyres my a4 would come with, so my dealer phoned someone at audi hq in milton keynes to try and avoid having dunlops fitted.At the time they were coming with either dunlops or bridgestones on the 19" rim.Luckily i got the bridgestones.Apparantly depending on cost at the time of build dictates what tyres you get.All this 'audi' recommended stuff is ********.Worth a punt cos youre looking at 800 to change a set if it comes with something you dont want.
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage