B8 S4 mpg

consilio

Up the owls!
Reaction score
So, what sort average mpg are you getting / how many miles out of a full tank?

Not getting much at all at the moment but only picked it up on Tuesday so hopefully it will loosen up

Anything above 24mpg and you are doing well. Running in doesnt really happen until 6K and i havent seen much improvement TBH. Other than mpg how are you enjoying the car?

Is that in a manual or stronic? I had 19mpg out of my first tank, the second seems to be more like low 20's so I think it's loosening up a bit. Obviously I didn't buy the car for it's fuel consumption, but was just interested in what I should be expecting

Car is amazing, very pleased with it.

Manual :)

Glad you are enjoying the car, and that you have the right outlook with regard to owning it.

Just got back from skiing in the French Alps. 1420miles exactly and average 24.4 mpg. Been hearing all the stories about burning oil, I have been check the oil level when the car is warm and cold and it is still showing max. The car has done over 5K now. Is it normal? Just wonder if the sensor has gone wrong, and worry the engine is running no oil at all.

I would have expected you to use some oil in that time, at a guess about half a litre.

I hate the lack of dip stick (other than the driver) on my car, the DIS system just doesnt seem to cut it for me.

My understanding is get her upto running temp for 10 mins, stop the engine, and check after about 2 mins when the oil has had chance to settle.

I think you are right to be concerned that it is still showing max, and its better to visit a stealer now than blow the engine.