Badger5Sky Insurance

Thread: Collection

Up the owls!

Status

Collection

Hi,

I'm picking up the S4 in the morning, is there anything I should watch out for?

Also what do you recommend for running in, taking it easy or give it some beans from the start?

Thanks
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Just Looking

Status
    I think running in should be gentle for the first couple of hundred and then drive normally thereafter. Don't nanny it too much.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by VRStu View Post
    Don't nanny it too much.
    My Grandad used to say that my nan drove like Sterling Moss

1st Gear

Status
    Some say that S engines are pre-run in. However i took it easy for the first 1K, and i would suggest the same to anyone in the same situation. It does the engine good, probably not for you but the next owner and lets you learn about the car as well.

TBH i think my engine really started to come alive around 6K.

1st Gear

Status
    Ow and check what service schedule the car is set to.

I asked for variable, only to find at the weekend that its been set to fixed. No big problem, just something else i need to sort.

Ow and above all else, make sure you enjoy the experience

Neutral

Status
    If it's parked outside when you get there, refuse to do anything until it's inside under bright lights, and go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Check all your options are present and correct.

Check the finance aggreement is exatly as it should be. (When I picked up my S3 I'd been charged twice for met. paint, almost didn't question the extra 9 a month on the finance!)

Above all, enjoy!

As for break in, there's a long thread on either Audiworld or Audizine, but the general consensus for this engine is to run it in hard and use all the rev range. I think I'm just gonna drive it normally!

Good luck!

Up the owls!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    Ow and check what service schedule the car is set to.
    How can you check this?

Thanks for all the replies, really looking forward to it. Was a sad day today as I had to watch my S3 being driven away after being sold, gutted but hopefully will be over it by the time I get into the S4!
    March 2011 - B8 Audi S4, Ibis White, S-Tronic, Leather / Alcantera Super Sports Seats, Heated Front Seats, Advanced Key, Tech Pack High, Electrically folding and auto dimming mirrors

SOLD - 8P Audi S3. Brilliant Black, FBMF wheel, Bose, RNS-E, Auto lights/wipers, Cruise control, Tyre pressure monitor, Parking sensors, Interior light pack, GSM phone prep, Armrest, Privacy glass, Electrically folding mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    I think it should be on the PDI list.

I remember the feeling as my boxster drove down the road, soon forgotten on collection though.

And dont forget the pictures. Have fun.

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    I wouldnt nanny it at all, get in and drive it properly.

All engines are run in at the factory these days, and nannying them isnt good for them at all in any case.

Avoid constant load/rpm for the first few hundred miles if you can, but otherwise just drive it.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Just Looking

Status
    All engines are run in at the factory these days,
    Didn't see that when I went to the factory. Bit of a wives tale IMHO.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.