Chrome side windows

fdeville

Reaction score
The molding around my side windows on my 2010 A4 Avant are black :sadlike:. I would like to replace these by chrome moldings. I know these parts are available at the local audi dealer, but they told me that to replace them:
- you have to replace the back side window :noway:
- you need "professional" equipment as they are sealed to the window. in other words, they tell me it cannot be done by anobody else then themselves...
So, anybody has any ideas or anybody has done this on our beloved cars and wants to share his experience with me ? Thanks a lot !
Filip

it can be dont by non audi dealers
but for the chrome ist gonna cost £££££££££
and its a good few hours work
prety hard to get the old off without breaking or bending them

I know, price is about 550 euros for the complete set, indeed very expensive. That is why I have to make shure that it is possible. If the old ones break when getting them off, that is not to bad as they will be replaced by new chrome ones.

The rear side windows do not have to be bonded, but replaced as one unit ie the window and trim are one.A real pain to remove and refit.Shame cos i despise my chrome

So I don't have chrome and want chrome and you have chrome and would like black ? Maybe we should meet and exchange :cool: ?