EM TuningVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Questions with regards to second hand B8.

Hi folks,

We have paid a deposit for a 08 plate 3.0TDi SE Quattro Avant with an Audi Center.

The advert on the AUC site clearly stated MMI 3G and sports differential.

Obviously we now find out that it can't have MMI 3G unless is is a MY10 car.

When we drove the car, I had a fiddle with the drive select. Subsequently the online copies of the manual I can find suggest that the sports differential is adjustable via the individual settings. Is this correct? I can't remember seeing the option on the screen.

Cheers,

Paul

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Sports Diff was offered only on the S4 up until the April 2009 brochure when it was then an option on the other 6 cyclinder engines.

I have the brochures for when this changed if you need them.

3G as you say was the MY10 cars onwards.

I also believe that Sport Diff could be set in Individual.

Sounds to me like who ever is selling it either doesn't have a clue or aren't fussy about details. I'm sure it'll just be "an admin error".

If you're happy to carry on with the purchase then I'd certainly push for a discount.
    MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Reverse Gear

Status
    Believe it or not, it's an Audi Main Dealer.

This is the spec as advertised:

Mobile Phone Preparation - Bluetooth * HDD Satellite Navigation MMI 3G High * Xenon Headlights With LED Daytime Rake/Reach Adjustable Steering Running Lights * Column/Wheel * Driver/Passenger Seat Height Adjustment Driver Information System * * quattro Permanent Four Wheel Drive * quattro Sports Differential * 18In 5 Spoke Star Alloy Wheels * Roof Rails * Electric Mirrors * Body Coloured Bumpers * Steering Wheel Leather * Inlays * Rear Wash Wipe * Pearlescent Paint * Front Fog Lights * Headlamp Wash * Climate Control * Front/Rear Armrest * Front/Rear Electric Windows * Multi Function Steering Wheel * Panoramic Sunroof * Air Conditioning * Audi Hill-Hold Assist * Anti-Lock Brakes * Electronic Stability Programme * Electric Front Seats * Heated Front Seats * Leather * Seats Split Rear * Power-Assisted Steering * Seat - ISOFIX Anchorage Point * Automatic Headlight Elevation * Bang And Olufsen Sound System * Dynamic Ride Control * Xenon Headlights * Dampening Control * Dynamic Steering *

It's a July 08 car, what else isn't going to be there?

6th Gear

Status
    I expected it to be a dealer. They're legends!

Here's the brochure for July 2008 : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3628815/a4%20200807.pdf

It's probably worth going thru it. Of course it's hard to know what options have been added.

However you're car would have been ordered under an earlier brochure which I don't have.

It says Dynamic Ride Control but this was on previous models and not the B8. On the B8 it's called Dampening Control or Dynamic suspension.... which is also listed.

p.s. Check if it's got the "Light Pack" e.g. light in glovebox, footwells, puddle lights etc. A few people are very frustrated by not having it.

Sparky

Status
    Yup no light in glove box for a 28K car i just cannot believe its not fitted as standard
    2.0Tdi 170 Black Edtion Avant

Reverse Gear

Status
    ScoTTy,

Thanks, deal all done. Got a good discount anyway, more on top for the advert cock up.

Deal was sweetened by 1/2 an hour in R8 V10.

The spec on the car was right apart from a diff and MMI 3G. It has the light pack and storage as well. So very highly specced. The dealer advises it was one of the launch cars - Sports seats, 3 spoke wheel etc.

Thanks for the help.

6th Gear

Status
    No prob. Glad it all worked out.

Neutral

Status
    Biggest waste of money the storage pack. I can't believe the size of the seat boxes! Enough room for a can of coke and that's it.

6th Gear

Status
    My old B6 S4 had proper draws under the seats. The B8 ones are very disappointing.

Having said that I still need the seat back nets and rear cupholders so there's still some value in it ... and maybe one day I'll lock the glovebox

Neutral

Status
    Glove box is locked with the spare plastic key! Saves messing about with main key. Seat back nets and boot net are good options.

Thought my rear cupholders came with leather as standard? Would have pushed for a discount if they were part of the storage pack also. Wouldn't have held my breath though. Enjoy the rear door blinds and not bad for a ton.

6th Gear

Status
    Yep rear blinds are good and I use them with the privacy glass for the kids in the summer and down in winter.

I don't use the plastic key ever. It'll wear easy so that's kept just in case !