A4 2007 Sline SE 170

lespaul

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to the forum so please be nice. I am swapping from a leased car and I have just puchased an A4 S-Line 170 SE 2007. It has 50k on the clock and paid 16K for it. Now I know it's a bit over the top if at all but when I questioned it in the Audi dealer I was told it has had some extensive work done on it
So I asked to see what was carried out. Here's the list. New fuel pump, new tandem pump, new lifter, new disks and pads all round. New alarm siren, new areial cables, 50K service, the list goes on. So went for it as it had all this done and most of that seems to be what causes problems. Got the normal 1 years warrenty and 1 years road side assistance.
Was it a good buy? I do quite a bit of motorway miles so assuming it's got a DPF this should not be a problem.
I did try to get them to throw in the updated 2010 satnav disks but got told no. So wil try a 2009 version of ebay or something.
Your thoughts would help as I would then know what to look out for if anything was to go wrong.

Cheers

well the dealer has more or less charged you for the work carried out
they cant price it over cos it needed work as from audi it should be in a1 con anyway
thats like selling you a car with loads faults
i hope when i sell up i can add a few K's for the maintanece work iv done
id say 13 / 15K max
i paid under 15 for the same car special edition with 54k
with a warranty
so realy you should have paid the goin rate and if the parts failed they would have been fitted under warranty

but there nice cars

Last edited:
A 2007 B8 A4 ? I thought they came out in 2008?

yes hes in the wrong forum
i didnt notice that

Best bit of advice i can give, is to forget about the price, the deal is done and you have a nice car you are happy with. On that note forget about what could go wrong, and enjoy the car. If it does go wrong thats what a warranty is for.

Enjoy.

Its pretty scary that any of that needed doing at 50k. I find that worrying as I expect 70k minimum out of a car with nothing more than routine servicing and pads & tyres.

I got 100k out of the V70 without any extra work.

Thanks guys. Does look cool i must admit. Will pick it up next week take some pics and post them up. Sorry I did not see I was in the wrong forum. It did say on the from B8 from Jan 2007.