Ignition key and the cold

Necroscope

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with their ignition key and starting the car now the temperature has dropped over the last week or so?

A couple of times now i have sat in the car with the lights flashing on and off trying to start the ****** thing!

I guess this is wishful thinking and i probably need a new key slot or whatever its called, but thought i would ask anyway.

Cheers,

Phil.

No problems even left it 2 days it was totally white with frost and it still started straight away. You don;t even get to hear it cranking over it just fires straight up after the few seconds on preheat makes people look at you funny when you are putting your seatbelt on and the engine fires up with no hands. I am also impressed with the aux heater really works well and defrosts the screen in a couple of minutes. And it lives outside on the drive. The only problem I have had a few days ago on a 100 mile trip the other half was cold and put the temp up on her side and the air from the heater her side got colder! then turn it down and it got hotter! But later started working exactly as it should and been ok since.

I fired mine up last night first time in 2 weeks fired up first time and ticked over nicely,im going to clear the snow behind her tonight and attempt to move it i just hope my handbrake isnt seized on,ill soon find out!!

Thanks guys i will let it play up a few more times, then get it booked in!

nothing to do with the cold mate.im on my second.pain in the *** shoving it in with foot on clutch and the dis telling me to put foot on clutch ITS FU*KING ON THE CLUTCH etc etc.just a **** design im afraid

I remember that post red, made me smile at the time ;)

Car started fine twice this morning after playing up again last night. I hate problems like that, just break if you are going to, dont play me around.

Ah yeah i see the bit Johny,yeah all is fine i think it was maybe me looking for faults when i didnt need to,sometimes that internet is your worst enemy most times though it's your best friend for a number of reasons ;-)

glad its ok.i know what you mean by looking for faults.find one and ive got my **** in my hands.Im hearing whines at 40 and 60 at the mo, but the audi tech cant hear them!!