A4 AVANT S LINE 2.0 170 MPG??

KJN

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just made my first longish run in my newly acquired 2009 registered Avant, from Kent to Somerset, with four adults inside the car and two medium size suitcases I have calculated that I got 36 mpg on the run there and similar figures coming back 34.5 mpg back (based on top ups of fuel) would appreciate some feedback from other owners re these figures as they seem low compared to my previous A6.

Many Thanks

Just got back from a 220 mile round trip mainly on motorway and good A roads. 49.5 mpg there and 52.4 back. A4 TDI SLine 170! 80 to 85 on the mway.

When i first read you post title i thought you had done 170 mpg ;)

You say you the car was fully loaded that will hit your mpg, and with it being new to you were you pushing on harder than you normally would?

Get used to it! Thats exactly what mine does on a combined!Sure the dis tells you youre doing 60+ but its ********.Never turns out that way when youve filled up and done the maths.Same mpg before and after remap to 200bhp.

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I was pushing on a bit but not that heavy footed (max 80-85mph on motorway half of the journey, I am 62 year old so not a boy racer by any means. guess I will just have to live with it, my old A6 on a 54 plate use to get around 50mpg on a similar run so was comparing it with that but not any more. Thanks all. (Neroscope 170 mpg would do me just fine, you are right having read back thread looks like lt states that.

586 miles from full added 56 ltr when light came on = approx 47 mpg using 4.5 ltr = 1 gall. I always fill up to full and always reset the trip meter. I have always done this with all of my cars (nearly stopped with the B7 S4!) and gives a good indication of any potential problems to look for. I have found my mpg better than I expected especially as I regularly drive very short distances. I think my next mpg will not be so good as the aux heater is being used more with short journeys and the cold weather but I will know when I fill up in the next couple of weeks. I have heard several people quote really poor figures for mpg I do not normally hang around but I do use the gearbox more than I would like due to the oil burner am I just lucky?

lucky boy.My 'bong' goes off at 412 miles.the most ive seen on my estimated ranege is 510.and its a 2wd.Ive got a 2lt 170 allroader as a loner at the mo (mines gone in for 4 wheel alighnment....200 squid eekk!) and its doing more than mine and im hoofing it

PaulTheo. Yep I think you are lucky, I would be very happy with those figures and to be honest that is what I would have expected, thanks for the input, off to the dealers tomorrow rear washer stopped, common problem I understand so will have a little chat and see what they say.

Last edited: