Essential Options

warnergb7

Reaction score
You may have noticed I have a few questions about the S4 so thanks for all the help so far.
Next, what options would you say are essential? At the minute I'm torn between buying new or there a a couple of good ex demos I've seen which are well kitted out. Some of those are a bit pricey to me but they do have some more extras than I might not order if buying from new.

I was thinking of making sure the car had the following (would there be anything else I really SHOULD get and the big one I suppose is the drive select)...?

Sat Nav (HDD one probably)
B&O plus DAB
AMI
Heated Seats
Super Sorts Seats
maybe folding mirrors

As I still can't decided between the S4 and the S5 sportback I'll put this same list over there too!

Thanks

Last edited:
I wouldnt say AMI is essential as you will have 6 disc MP3 changer and also SD slots.I have AMI and its good with my Ipod but it was already in the car when i bought it

S-Tronic (it made economical sense based on tax and fuel economy vs cost)
Super Sport seats (these gave me a semi)

I just had to amend my order with the two above as i'd not included them originally. In addition also

HDD Nav
Advanced key

advanced key? nice to have I guess but not sure I would pay £400 for it. Though I appreciate each person varies!
I suppose my question is would there be something not on my list that would make the car less attractive when I sell it? Eg if I didn't want sat nav that would be a bad idea (though why its not standard on a £40k plus car is bizarre but thats another issues....)

I'm usually in and out of the car with stuff in my hands so it just makes things easier, also part of the attraction is the keyless start and button (novelty factor)

I'd say Sat nav and super sport seats would be the main ones. Also as its in a lower tax bracket and more economical, and road and fuel tax are ever increasing, I can see the S-Tronic holding its value better.

You dont mention colour or alloys, two massive things IMO.....

Colour I'm thinking black although quartz grey maybe? On the alloys I actually like the standard 19 inch ones that come with the S5.

My car is sprint blue and i love it, i love it on the S5 as well, but with the sport back being such a massive car i dont know if i find it a bit too much....Its the same on the RS6.

Plus if you go down the sport back route maybe think about 20" rims, again due to the size. I see a black 2.7Tdi sport back in the morning parked up and its on 20's, and it really does set it apart from the crowd.

I love sprint blue,I have just been to my local dealer to pick up some parts and there was a 60plate sprint blue sportback awaiting collection and it looked mint,i would say my next Audi will without doubt be sprint blue :drool:

I also love my Missano Red as i've had 5 black cars on the bounce it is a total change ;)

thanks to all the help on these pages over the last few weeks re the car. In the end I went with the S5 sportback rather than the S4 avant as I (hopefully correctly) decided we don't need all the space and the sportback boot is bigger than I first thought.
Phantom Black, super sports seats, s-tronic (standard), heated seats, folding mirrors, DAB, B&O, tech pack, hill assist and a boot mat...

Anyway now have to wait until end March and I will stop bothering the good people of this A4/S4 forum.

go for sports diff its great fun, my first S4 didn't have my new S4 does and it a massive difference.

Yup if i had the chance to order again i would add it, especially if you like to push on a bit.