s4 avant real life economy - London Driving?

warnergb7

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked a few times but I was just wondering if anyone had any real life views of economy driving an s4 in london? I know economy is perhaps not the most obvious thing to consider when buying a car like this but I just know that my daily commute could be annoying if the economy is much worse than Audi's published 20mpg for urban driving.

Have a 2.0tdi right now so I know thats going to be better but that only gets about 24 on the drive to work. Hoping that the s4 doesn't have the same kind of percentage drop from the published figures...

Thanks

Its note even close to the published figures. You must have an evil journey to only get 24 from a 2.0Tdi, i wouldnt like to think what an S4 would be like!

Even when I am commuting 1.5 miles I get 33 to 40 mpg no problem. Sounds like you need to use the stop start if you spend more time stopped than moving. We had a B7 S4 V8 and the average was about 20 - 24 mpg and about 26 on a run which I thought was quite good. Mind I could easily get it into single figures when having a bit of fun.

today in the TDI it was 19MPG. Maybe its time to get that looked at rather than worry about the s4!

start/stop I don't think is availble on the s4 unless I've missed it?

As an overall average I'm getting 26mpg in my B8 S4, which includes a fair amount of motorway runs. If you start to push it, the mpg tapers off very quickly! I switched from a 330D Sport which I was getting 38mpg with and finding myself at the pumps alot more often!