S4 Piano Black Trim

No, I let them have them....I did think about getting them back and selling them, but to be honest I have done incredibly well to get the discount I have on the replacements so I am not going to cry too much.......just want those OSIR trims to come now so I can finish it off !

wow~ very nicely done! May I ask where you got your Chrome Trim around the MMI surrond? Is it OEM parts..then what is the part number??
Or is it from OSIR as well?
And also what black paint and gloss paint did you use? Now that I saw your results, I am so hype to DIY as well!

Again... Glossy Piano Black looks the best!!

Thanks for the compliments....the chrome trim I got from Halfords as Audi don't make one. I just bought some 3.5mm flexible chrome trim with 3m adhesive already applied and very carefully applied it to the fascia. The bottom left hand corner was the trickiest as the curve is just too tight for the trim to flex enough, but I practiced a couple of times and then just went for it and it has turned out about as well as it could. It isn't perfect, but it's pretty close and although I know it is very slightly wrong, no-one else can see it until I point it out. Just make sure the join is at the top where no-one can see it !!

I bought all of the proper paint, primer, sandpaper grades etc but in the end I got it done by a proper paint shop in Hertfordshire who actually produce this finish for one of the Formula Three teams, and they really have done a great job with it.

I still have all of the stuff I bought to do the job myself, so if you want to buy the paint etc off me that I got in order to do it ( apparently the best match was Halford black !), let me know and we can agree a price or you can get it all yourself locally, it's up to you :)

Pieces were easy to take off and this was the most daunting bit for me, but once off, they were easy to dismantle and then re-assemble and re-fit once they were done, but you will need some good glue for hard plastics in order to stick the rear of the MMI back on again.

If you want any help or advice, let me know and I am happy to help where I can, along with Johnny the pie who helped me a lot.