Slipping Clutch!!

jey

Reaction score
My clutch slips in 2nd 3rd 4th 5th gear at around 3000revs an slips up to 4000. it would do it everytime at them revs then next time out in car it wont slip at all!

Anyone had similer prob or insite on possible causes??

Cheers...

Humm..after mapping my car I went out to give it some beans and I experienced something very similar. I think what is happening here is the clutch is overheating...
How many miles have you done?

done 53k had clutch looked at by audi at 41k and they said it was 100%.

ive noticed when cold i will not slip no matter how much i stress it! after about 30mins driving it would slip. sometimes wore than others. it very unconsistant! ive booked it in with audi today for 21st this mth. i know that 380 of torqe isnt anywhere near enough to slip the clutch! think there just **** in audis!

ive noticed when cold i will not slip no matter how much i stress it! after about 30mins driving it would slip. sometimes wore than others. it very unconsistant! ive booked it in with audi today for 21st this mth. i know that 380 of torqe isnt anywhere near enough to slip the clutch! think there just **** in audis!

Let me know how you get on with Audi, i'm very interested.

Lol, mine slips sometimes lets not hope its not my 600nm torque!:huh:

interestingly enough Audi had just replaced the clutch in the car I just got from them, as according to the previous owner the clutch was slipping....

What does clutch slip feel like by the way, as I get some kind of judder feel when going full throttle in 3rd and 5th..?

slipping clutch would be eg if your driving at 2k revs then out of the blue the car revs up to eg 4k revs but without any acceleration, a hill would highlight it more. judder to me sounds like flywheel.. id a extended warranty which covered flywheels and mine was wore so id only to supply a clutch which i got for £180 then returned my old pressure plate and thrust bearing and i got £40 back.. was a genuine audi clutch kit from a vw seat audi parts supplier..was some job when changed. dono how many times i stalled it untill i got used to it being so responsive again lol.. ps the extra power from the map brought the problem to light..