Wheel spacers!

Dazmo

Reaction score
Having my eibach 30mm springs fitted in a week or so, but these will only give me a 10mm drop overall.

I wanted to fill out the arches a little more and also widen the stance/track.

Anyone know where i can get some wheel spacers, say 5 or 10mm maximum for my a4 b7?

Anyone know if 10mm will be too much or have any experience with spacers on? are they worth it, will they improve the look or handling of the car?

I would say 10 - 12mm is about right mate seen some on audizine and they do look could not sure they will do much to improve handling though. If I remember right you need to get hubcentric spcers I would say go with H&R there stuff is normally good.

Reactions: Alpinachris
Hi
you wont get 10mm hubcentrics on the original hubs
you need at least 12mm front and 13mm rear as the original spiggot is too deep .

Ok but how the hell do i know what offset/size i need?

I found this - http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

I put in 235/40/18 for my tyre size

and i think my wheels are 8J X 18 or something and got the results.

Although not sure if 8j is actually my alloy paint code

Do they look correct to you?

Last edited:
What wheels are you running,
spec of 8j x 18 are correct but theres an ET number if your running 45 then i would leave the front and just do the back .

What offset are the std sline rs6`s ?

All depends on the offset of the wheels your running at the moment. 8J means 8 inch width.
Believe the standard wheels are of offset ET42 to ET45 depending on wheel you have.

Best thing to do is take the wheel off and on the inside of the spokes all the info should be stamped, for example 8Jx18 ET45
I ran 8Jx19 ET35 which had plenty clearance, ET35 on the 8" width wheel will sit 10mm closer to arch than ET45.
If you measure from the face of you wheel (not tyre) to flush with your arch then you will be able to gauge what width spacer you will get away with.

This is a handy calculator
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

I now run 9Jx18 ET52 alloys with 20mm hubcentric spacers all round, that equates to an offset now of ET32 and the alloys run bang on flush with arch, looks really aggresive, need to raise the coilies tho as at the mo I have around 5mm clearance to the tyre but it is screwed right down.

If your offset ET45 you could get 15mm spacers on, should run flush with the arch. If the offset is lower then 15mm i would guess would be to much.

Ideally you want to get the hubcentric spacers that bolt to the hub first then your wheels bolt to the spacers, ones with longer bolts imo are a bad idea as the longer bolts are subject to alot of stress.

Venom motorsport have a sale on there spacers just now, I got mine from them, eibach ones with the steel inserts for extra strength is what i went for. I tried various cheaper options and tbh they were disappointing and I lacked confidence in them, the ones that bolt to the hub with the steel inserts are far superior and the car feels slightly more sure footed than before.

Hope that helps bud:thumbsup: