centre brake light warning

madphil

Reaction score
Hi Guys i am new to this forum .

I have a 2006 b7 cabrio i keep getting the centre brake light warning light coming up on my dash the centre brake light is working , i have had someone press the brakes with the warning light on gone round the back and the centre light is working ok .

the fault will go away for a few days then it keeps coming back ,
anybody seen a fault like this before ??????

thanks in advance

phil.

AFAIK there isn't a separate warning for the centre rear brake light?

What symbol are you seeing on the DIS?

I had this on my 54 plate cabrio, did some reasearch and apparently where the wiring loom passes through to the boot lid it is common to get a break in the wire due from it opening and closing frequently. This was in my case shortly followed by a lack of radio signal as the aerial is also fitted inside the boot lid and the cable passes through the same place... Quoted 425.00 from stealers to repair!! Its common and know of several identical situations but sorry don't know the remedy!!

Thanks ,

I have pulled the wires through a bit more into the boot lid so its bending in a diffarant place , the fault seems to have gone away now its not been on for a week and before it was on every day at some time .

thanks cobbsy and petrol dave for your advice ( dave there was an orange symbol and it said centre brake light below)

phil.