Chris NottSky Insurance

Thread: A4 newbie...

Reverse Gear

Status

A4 newbie...

Hi guys, currently have an 05 PD130 Seat Ibiza but its a bit too small for me and the crap I need to lug about now, its also chewing suspension components at an alarming rate!

I've been looking at 55 onwards plate A4's, not bothered what engine really as I only do 10k miles a year. I would like to have leather and the mileage on it to be around 50k or less.

What sort of things are common to go wrong with the A4's of this vintage? Had a turbo failure on the Ibiza last year which seems to have happened to a few people so I'm after avoiding another large bill!

What sort of price would you reckon I could get something to meet the above spec for?

2. # ADS
    ADS

diesel dodger

Status
    my bro has just sold his A4 s line with full leather, phone prep, n loads more extras on it for 9k with 70,000 miles on clock. i bought mine from auction last year, 2006 55 plate 2.0 tdi s line for 11k with 42,000 miles but no leather, hope this helps.

5th Gear

Status
    If you are looking at 2.0 TDIs then stay clear of the 2005 batch, engine code ending in BLB. They can suffer a problem with the oil balancer shaft, it was sorted in later years.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks guys. If I went for one of 05 vintage are we talking serious costs to solve this issue?

1st Gear

Status
    Around 1,200 +

Normal bill settles at 1,500, or if the engines knackered because of the chain driven oil pump snapping, then new engine and turbo fitted would be 7,000 +.

As i recently found out! *See thread ''Dealer Dispute Oil pump chain''*