DPF removal on Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 Tdi 170 Quattro Avant

Holywood

Reaction score
I have an A4 (B7) 2.0 Tdi 170 Quattro Avant and would like to know if it is possible to get the DPF removed or deleted? I have seen similar posts on the A3 Tdi forum. Has anyone had their A4 DPF removed as I heared it is either a much harder job or costlier due to longtitudinal engine rather than A3 transverse. Any details of cost and the Company would be appreciated thanks.
Previous Kingfisher Blue A4 now dead, need to update profile. Cheers

It's a special by a fabricator if you want one, well into 4 figures, is the A3/Leon option not around £1k inlcuding the custom code to ignore the dpf and that's with an off the shelf bypass pipe.

I've checked with no success of a cheapish solution or I would have freed up another 20/30bhp by now.

Sorry guys I'm new to Audi ownership, what is DPF And why remove it?

have a look here.....

http://alternativefuels.about.com/od/glossary/g/dpf.htm

Known for choking up generally when people are constanly toodling round town and very little motorway driving.

Around £1k + labour to replace if damaged, which I've had to do due to another problem.

If removed people have seen gains of 40/50bhp on the 170bhp engine.

Ah i get it now, would hope mine doesn't go if thats the case. meant to be abit tricky to get rid of though arn't they?

with an increase of 30/40bhp would a remap not be needed to avoid detonation or is that only for petrol engines?

you'll have to pardon my lack of knowledge, iv just come from a Scooby and dont know anything really about diesels!

Ah i get it now, would hope mine doesn't go if thats the case. meant to be abit tricky to get rid of though arn't they?

with an increase of 30/40bhp would a remap not be needed to avoid detonation or is that only for petrol engines?

you'll have to pardon my lack of knowledge, iv just come from a Scooby and dont know anything really about diesels!

Yes mate a remap would be needed as would the moving of about 4 or 5 sensors!