JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

redstuff or yellowstuff pads!

Ok getting my new grooved and drilled discs fitted soon, not been that impressed with my redstuff pads on my standard discs, so not sure what to use with the new performance discs.

should i get yellow or do you reckon red would perform better on performance discs, have heard red eat discs aswell!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Dazmo;1007069]Ok getting my new grooved and drilled discs fitted soon, not been that impressed with my redstuff pads on my standard discs.

I'm a little confused, you said the redstuff pads were the mutts nuts. Now you are saying you arn't impressed????

I was trying to get some Ferrodo DS2500's, which are supposed to be the best but i'm not sure they do them for our model.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

6th Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=rowdyboy;1007094]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Ok getting my new grooved and drilled discs fitted soon, not been that impressed with my redstuff pads on my standard discs.

I'm a little confused, you said the redstuff pads were the mutts nuts. Now you are saying you arn't impressed????

I was trying to get some Ferrodo DS2500's, which are supposed to be the best but i'm not sure they do them for our model.
    Yeah they seemed good at first, but not sure anymore, lots of brake fade at high speed or with a heavy foot, they dont seem great at low speed or when cold.

Reading about the yellowstuff, apparently yellowstuff dont need warming up and perform much better hot and cold, im also hoping that with grooved and drilled discs they will perform how better and remove any brake fade.

I also tried to find the ds2500s but so far cant find anything, i have also been looking at pagids but again im struggling to find any for our cars!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    I'm running Red Stuff front pads & they're great - good stopping power from cold & very little dust, which means no damn brake squeal which the OEM pads are guilty of.
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more