Air con service price.

Dazmo

Reaction score
Just rang my local stealer, leicester audi for a quote on an air con service.

They quoted me £300 with parts, labour and VAT.

Is there something im missing.. lol or are they taking the f****g ****.

They wouldn't even do it probably, it would get done at the local air con place. Take it there yourself, it should be about £70 - £90. What parts would they change????

the charge for regassing last year was around the £80 mark so interested to know what else this "service" does.

Well i rang another dealer and they quoted me £89.95 for everything so i think leicester must have got confused with something else.

Still expesnive when i can take it to stoke audi with dave for £59.00 or nationwide autocentres for £59.95!

I went to Bath Audi last week and got quoted £189 for an air-con service.

Ended up going to Heritage VW in Westbury and getting it done for £67.50 including a change of pollen filter and running through the old anti-bacterial stuff as well.

There is an Air Con section at the bottom of the forum page, maybe questions could be answered from there.

oooo nice find although im a few miles out of their catchment area! ******

I will see if they are prepared to travel abit further.

Edit... noticed if you go to them they do 10% off!

Last edited:
yes but thats just £6. wouldnt you rather they come to you so you dont have to drive there and wait?

im sure they will come out to you - give them a ring. the guy i had seemed alright, done the job in half an hour on a sunday morning.

oooo nice find although im a few miles out of their catchment area! ******

I will see if they are prepared to travel abit further.

Edit... noticed if you go to them they do 10% off!

nah, they wont come as far as me, annoying really, but if its £60 its still cheap and if they do a good job i dont mind waiting!

Did they
Odour/Bacterial Removal Treatment as part of the service for you? as it seems to be extra for this which i find strange!

lol - im not sure about the odour/bacterial removal.... all i wanted was a regass but for an extra £10 they service it, i ddint ask any questions cos mine didnt stink, just phoned him up on a thursday and he came round on a sunday.

the job he did was good, my a/c was blowing cool air like it wasnt even on, when he was done, he showed me the new reading and it was COLD!!

hope that helps mate, let us know how it goes.

lol - im not sure about the odour/bacterial removal.... all i wanted was a regass but for an extra £10 they service it, i ddint ask any questions cos mine didnt stink, just phoned him up on a thursday and he came round on a sunday.

the job he did was good, my a/c was blowing cool air like it wasnt even on, when he was done, he showed me the new reading and it was COLD!!

hope that helps mate, let us know how it goes.

Well all sorted, couldnt come to mine as too far so im going to his house!

Said he would do it for £50 as that extra would cover fuel!

Nice find thanks mate, going tommorow

nice one mate, let me know how it goes!!

Went today mate, only took me half hour to get their and found his house easily, traffic was good.

All done in 40 minutes, really nice bloke, turns out he actually owns the company, think im the first person to actually come to his house, so im honoured lol.:p

£50 all in, aircon is now freezing and was apparently almost out of coolant altogether.:cold::ermm:

Went today mate, only took me half hour to get their and found his house easily, traffic was good.

All done in 40 minutes, really nice bloke, turns out he actually owns the company, think im the first person to actually come to his house, so im honoured lol.:p

£50 all in, aircon is now freezing and was apparently almost out of coolant altogether.:cold::ermm:

nice one mate!!

Just been to have my car's air con regassed and checked for leaks and it appears that I need a new compressor! They've regassed it and not charged me (they'll charge me when I take it back) but they said £600 all in. The Bosch compressor they would buy is around £420 opposed to the Audi one which is £650. The mechanic said that the compressor seems to be more flaky on the 2.0 TDI's and in general the 2005-2006 A4's always seem to have problems.

I'm not happy, this f*c*ing car is costing me a fortune and I'm seriously thinking about dumping it. £420 for a compressor!? I can get a massive fridge-freezer for that!

Anyone know where I can see the part number for the compressor, presumably I have to get underneath the car?