AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

DRL r8 headlights

Hi , i saw one of these r8 or new a4 drl headlights on a b7 last week. I like the the look of how it change the front of the car . Anyone know where i can get one to buy for a decent price .hit me up if u know. thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    alright mate

ive got some fitted to my a4 2.0 tdi, i got mine off ebay from a dealer called "rudiemods" they were 260 but to be homest a love them these are after market lights as the lights on the new shape car dont fit, where did you see this other car by the way?

Mitch

5th Gear

Status
    Mitch, got any pics?

How do they compare with standard headlights from amount of light perspective?
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

1st Gear

Status
    Yea I saw one audi in my local area Heston close to Heathrow . It had on the drl s type head . There are 2 types on eBay , one like a l shape style which is around 250 and another which I rather and like more . Because it look like the replica of the new shape headlight . But they are pricey ,370 . if I can get these from
    the uk will be better for a bit less .. Send pics of ur lights mate let me have a look ..

Neutral

Status
    if you put your email address up ill sne them to there my pc aint letting me load me upload me pics atm, i think the light they give out is fine ave not noticed a diff, but for some reson wen ive took the pics the L.E.D lights appear to be yellow wen there really like a blue/white,

cheers mitch

1st Gear

Status
    ok, cool waiting , send to jigga23@live.co.uk

5th Gear

Status
    Mitch has sent me a pic, here it is:

Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

6th Gear

Status
    I like those, saw them on ebay a while back but was worried about buying something so expnsive, were they easy to fit mitch?

Do the DRLS turn on when you turn the side lights on or are they always on?

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

Neutral

Status
    Looks nice mate
    '08 A4 Avant 2.0T S-Line Special Edition in Mauritius Blue

Getting There

Status
    looks good quality wise, but my only gripe is the light is very yellow, not white/blue like the oem ones, i wonder if its possible to replace the installed leds ?
    NOW FOR SALE
    Audi A4 Avant S-LINE 2.0 TDI
    BOSE - PARKING SENSORS front and rear - ANGEL REMAP to 183bhp
    LED NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS, HIDS, LED SIDE INDICATORS, LED SIDELIGHTS,19x9 BENTLEY'S, S4 345 MTEC Drilled/grooved Disks -35 on H&R SPRINGS, RS4 REAR ARB RS4 Grille FULL VCDS LED RNS-E DECTANE LED REAR LIGHTS

TO DO:
    NOTHING - Am i finished really ??

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch_h_88 View Post
    if you put your email address up ill sne them to there my pc aint letting me load me upload me pics atm, i think the light they give out is fine ave not noticed a diff, but for some reson wen ive took the pics the L.E.D lights appear to be yellow wen there really like a blue/white,
    cheers mitch
    Think its just the picture Doug, as mitch comments on it above.

2nd Gear

Status
    I have the DRL's on my A4 too. I got them from turborevs in east ham.. They sell on ebay under the same name. They are a halogen headlight but I fitted a xenon conversion making them bi xenon as a motor adjusts the beam for high beam... In comparison to standard headlights, the light output is far better. They fit the car well for aftermarket too. I like the ones I have as they look a littlemore oem with them having the indicators on the inner edge of the light like the B8 does.

5th Gear

Status
    If I ever get round to it I think I'll go with buying a set of headlights, ship them over to Phil in the states and get him to fit LEDs as they have gone down a storm on the US forums.
    Nathan

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by unikarl View Post
    I have the DRL's on my A4 too. I got them from turborevs in east ham.. They sell on ebay under the same name. They are a halogen headlight but I fitted a xenon conversion making them bi xenon as a motor adjusts the beam for high beam... In comparison to standard headlights, the light output is far better. They fit the car well for aftermarket too. I like the ones I have as they look a littlemore oem with them having the indicators on the inner edge of the light like the B8 does.

hi , can you put pics up with your headlights, as it may be the one i am after. how much did you get yours for. and is there a website to get them.

1st Gear

Status
    are they hard to fit ?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jaceyq View Post
    hi , can you put pics up with your headlights, as it may be the one i am after. how much did you get yours for. and is there a website to get them.
    I got them for 299.99... Not the cheapest but worth it I think. I really need to take a pic!

These are them... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-AUDI-A4-B7...item5886abcd45

1st Gear

Status
    I got them for 299.99... Not the cheapest but worth it I think. I really need to take a pic!

Yea looks good. Can you take a pic of yours ,so i can see how the led looks and another with all headlights on with out the beams cheers.
    plus is it easy to install or hard. is it the bumper have to come off to change them or not.

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Mitch has sent me a pic, here it is:

I've been in two minds about these but seeing this pic helps... they look pretty good. I think I still prefer the OEM bi-xenons though
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

1st Gear

Status

can you put pics of these please on your car

5th Gear

Status
    Bumper does have to come off which is a bit of a faff and you'll probably shred the skin on the back of your hands.

BUT DON'T FIDDLE WITH THE BUMPER ADJUSTMENT SCREWS! You'll have a nightmare getting the bumper height right if you do.
    Nathan

Neutral

Status
    they are just plug and play lights real easy to change and yea like a said there are a white/blue LED just for some reason the pic doesnt show up like tht, but if you are worried about fitting them a garage will do it for 20 or so......

Neutral

Status
    and yea the LED's are just classed as your side lights!

1st Gear

Status

6th Gear

Status
    these aftermarket LEDs just never seem to look bright enough! compared with the OEM audi ones.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

2nd Gear

Status
    Well if anyone is after a set of DRL's with the Bi-xenon kit then I'm selling mine for no other reason than I'm skint!

Up for grabs at 150 plus your old lights (clear corner style needed).

1st Gear

Status
    were are you? and put a pic on please witch ones are they

2nd Gear

Status
    Here you go, some pics... the car is filthy and my camera is a 2mp phoone camera but you get the idea.

1st Gear

Status
    pm me your number mate

Reverse Gear

Status
    ay up mr
    what you done to your cabby u got any more pics of it

3rd Gear

Status
    Mine are pure white led ones . Got them from 2xcite.co.uk. Fitted them without taking the bumper off. Fitted hids in the as well. Very pleased

1st Gear

Status
    put your pics on blackie

3rd Gear

Status
    They are on the rs4 grill thread

3rd Gear

Status
    I got em fitted to my A3 as well

1st Gear

Status
    just seen them nice

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    Mine are pure white led ones . Got them from 2xcite.co.uk. Fitted them without taking the bumper off. Fitted hids in the as well. Very pleased
    I have had the same ones fitted to my B7 cab from 2xcite they have been on for 12months and faultless very happy with them (well worth the messing taking the bumper off)

phil

3rd Gear

Status
    Did the A3 & A4 without removing the bumper. Hard work but not as hard as pissing around with the bumper

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey there, thinking of getting an A4 cab 2006. And wanted to black the grill and change the light if i opt for the A4 cab. Do the (2xcite) lights that fit the A4 also fit the A4 cab? or do they need to be cabriolet specific? The R8 style give the car a fresher look.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    Did the A3 & A4 without removing the bumper. Hard work but not as hard as pissing around with the bumper
    At some stage I'm going to get my lights done but intrigued to know how you swapped them without removing the bumper....go on....let me in on the secret
    Nathan

3rd Gear

Status
    You just undo the bolts under the engine and the ones that level the bumper, undo all the light bolts thenbasically pull the bumper like ****in billyo and move the lights around until they come out and reverse to fit. Make sure the connectors are on before fitting as they are a Twat to fit otherwise.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey guys sorry to reply to an old thread, I was just wondering Blackie - how did you decide if you should go with the black headlights or chrome ones?? It looks like you have the black ones on... I'm looking to get the same but on my mauritius blue A3 - pre facelift.. I'm just not soo sure that it'll look good.. Do you think I should stick to the chrome?