DRL r8 headlights

jaceyq

Reaction score
Hi , i saw one of these r8 or new a4 drl headlights on a b7 last week. I like the the look of how it change the front of the car . Anyone know where i can get one to buy for a decent price .hit me up if u know. thanks

alright mate

ive got some fitted to my a4 2.0 tdi, i got mine off ebay from a dealer called "rudiemods" they were £260 but to be homest a love them these are after market lights as the lights on the new shape car dont fit, where did you see this other car by the way?

Mitch

Mitch, got any pics?

How do they compare with standard headlights from amount of light perspective?

Yea I saw one audi in my local area Heston close to Heathrow . It had on the drl s type head . There are 2 types on eBay , one like a l shape style which is around £250 and another which I rather and like more . Because it look like the replica of the new shape headlight . But they are pricey ,£370 . if I can get these from
the uk will be better for a bit less .. Send pics of ur lights mate let me have a look ..

if you put your email address up ill sne them to there my pc aint letting me load me upload me pics atm, i think the light they give out is fine ave not noticed a diff, but for some reson wen ive took the pics the L.E.D lights appear to be yellow wen there really like a blue/white,

cheers mitch

Mitch has sent me a pic, here it is:

MitchAudi.jpg
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/nathan.atkinson/lakeland/Audi/MitchAudi.jpg

I like those, saw them on ebay a while back but was worried about buying something so expnsive, were they easy to fit mitch?

Do the DRLS turn on when you turn the side lights on or are they always on?

looks good quality wise, but my only gripe is the light is very yellow, not white/blue like the oem ones, i wonder if its possible to replace the installed leds ?

if you put your email address up ill sne them to there my pc aint letting me load me upload me pics atm, i think the light they give out is fine ave not noticed a diff, but for some reson wen ive took the pics the L.E.D lights appear to be yellow wen there really like a blue/white,
cheers mitch

Think its just the picture Doug, as mitch comments on it above.

I have the DRL's on my A4 too. I got them from turborevs in east ham.. They sell on ebay under the same name. They are a halogen headlight but I fitted a xenon conversion making them bi xenon as a motor adjusts the beam for high beam... In comparison to standard headlights, the light output is far better. They fit the car well for aftermarket too. I like the ones I have as they look a littlemore oem with them having the indicators on the inner edge of the light like the B8 does.

If I ever get round to it I think I'll go with buying a set of headlights, ship them over to Phil in the states and get him to fit LEDs as they have gone down a storm on the US forums.

I have the DRL's on my A4 too. I got them from turborevs in east ham.. They sell on ebay under the same name. They are a halogen headlight but I fitted a xenon conversion making them bi xenon as a motor adjusts the beam for high beam... In comparison to standard headlights, the light output is far better. They fit the car well for aftermarket too. I like the ones I have as they look a littlemore oem with them having the indicators on the inner edge of the light like the B8 does.

hi , can you put pics up with your headlights, as it may be the one i am after. how much did you get yours for. and is there a website to get them.

Bumper does have to come off which is a bit of a faff and you'll probably shred the skin on the back of your hands.

BUT DON'T FIDDLE WITH THE BUMPER ADJUSTMENT SCREWS! You'll have a nightmare getting the bumper height right if you do.

they are just plug and play lights real easy to change and yea like a said there are a white/blue LED just for some reason the pic doesnt show up like tht, but if you are worried about fitting them a garage will do it for £20 or so......

these aftermarket LEDs just never seem to look bright enough! compared with the OEM audi ones.

Well if anyone is after a set of DRL's with the Bi-xenon kit then I'm selling mine for no other reason than I'm skint!

Up for grabs at £150 plus your old lights (clear corner style needed).

were are you? and put a pic on please witch ones are they

Here you go, some pics... the car is filthy and my camera is a 2mp phoone camera but you get the idea.

Image000.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image003.jpg

Mine are pure white led ones . Got them from 2xcite.co.uk. Fitted them without taking the bumper off. Fitted hids in the as well. Very pleased

I have had the same ones fitted to my B7 cab from 2xcite they have been on for 12months and faultless very happy with them (well worth the messing taking the bumper off)

phil

Hey there, thinking of getting an A4 cab 2006. And wanted to black the grill and change the light if i opt for the A4 cab. Do the (2xcite) lights that fit the A4 also fit the A4 cab? or do they need to be cabriolet specific? The R8 style give the car a fresher look.

Did the A3 & A4 without removing the bumper. Hard work but not as hard as ******* around with the bumper

At some stage I'm going to get my lights done but intrigued to know how you swapped them without removing the bumper....go on....let me in on the secret :)

You just undo the bolts under the engine and the ones that level the bumper, undo all the light bolts thenbasically pull the bumper like ****** billyo and move the lights around until they come out and reverse to fit. Make sure the connectors are on before fitting as they are a **** to fit otherwise.

Hey guys sorry to reply to an old thread, I was just wondering Blackie - how did you decide if you should go with the black headlights or chrome ones?? It looks like you have the black ones on... I'm looking to get the same but on my mauritius blue A3 - pre facelift.. I'm just not soo sure that it'll look good.. Do you think I should stick to the chrome?