Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    VW-7 Audi-1

Status

Audi Roof Bars - Torque Fitting Tool

I do realise this is probably posted in the wrong section but has anyone got a spare torque key for fitting the genuine audi roof bars? If by chance you do, would you be willing to sell it for a fee?

Does anyone know if these can be easily obtained from the dealer network.......or if there is an aftermarket tool which would do the job?

Cheers
    2006 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI (140) S-Line
    Phantom Black
    Audi Phone Prep, Bose, retrofit RNS-E, rear Parking Sensors, rear Sunblinds, Canbus friendly LED sidelights

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi!!
    Did you get any further with this? I have mislaid my torq key for the roof bars on my A6. i went to my local Audi dealer and they were helpful and lent me the tool to put them on and agreed to order a repacement for me having found the correct fitting. There are several different patterns of socket, similar to locking wheel nuts so you have to make sure you get the correct one. The Audi garage identified the correct end fitting socket but was unable to order it because the Audi parts computer said that particular socket wasn't available. . They have said they will remove them for me now that Ii have finished using them to carry my bkes but I'm not sure what to do next as i don't want to keep visiting my Audi garage everytime and neither do i want to buy a new set of bars.

VW-7 Audi-1

Status
    Hi
    Yes I did manage to find a solution.
    I originally ordered the tool from my local Audi dealer, however after hearing how much it was going to cost I decided to try to find a lower cost option.
    If you go to your local Screwfix branch, they will sell you a box of assorted security bits which will contain the perfect size for your bars. They cost me less than 10 pounds.
    If you are struggling to find them in your local screwfix give me a shout and I will attempt to get you the product details off the box.
    Regards
    Phantom Black
    Audi Phone Prep, Bose, retrofit RNS-E, rear Parking Sensors, rear Sunblinds, Canbus friendly LED sidelights

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by comc View Post
    Hi
    Yes I did manage to find a solution.
    I originally ordered the tool from my local Audi dealer, however after hearing how much it was going to cost I decided to try to find a lower cost option.
    If you go to your local Screwfix branch, they will sell you a box of assorted security bits which will contain the perfect size for your bars. They cost me less than 10 pounds.
    If you are struggling to find them in your local screwfix give me a shout and I will attempt to get you the product details off the box.
    Regards
    That is handy to know if we have any dodgy readers :-)

Buster
    A4 Avant 1.9 Tdi Brilliant Black

VW-7 Audi-1

Status
    Suppose the same dodgy readers could phone their local Audi dealer and order a proper tool if they were that interested. When I phoned they didn't ask me to confirm identity, ownership or the like.
    Phantom Black