Todays Project, Good Clean and paint Calipers...What do you think?

DJM1982

Reaction score
Well my car is defo abit of a work horse, covers around 750 miles per week and usually just gets a quick wash and dry when i get a chance and then left ready to go for the next couple of weeks.
So took the opertunity of having a weekend off for a change to give her a good clean for a change. Went and topped up my supplies (clay bar, polish, new cloths and applicators pads) and got ready to go.

Before Shots

SDC10892.jpg

SDC10893.jpg

SDC10894.jpg

SDC10896.jpg

Not bad i don't think considering i done it all by hand, polisher is next on my list to buy.
Then i decided to give the front brake caliper and lick of paint, opinions wellcome of course, but i like them.
SDC10909.jpg
SDC10908.jpg

Then it started to rain so got some beading shots, as i watched all my hard work dissappear.
SDC10912.jpg
SDC10913.jpg
SDC10914.jpg
SDC10915.jpg

Very nice! Are you going to get a set of Audi heat-proof transfers to go on your calipers?

Did mine yesterday despite heavy rain being forecast (which never came). Did the interior as well, took me ages but I always enjoy doing it.

Yeah going to look for the transfers on ebay over the weekend and put them on as soon as they come and then give the a couple extra coats of laquer to finish them off, please with how they look so far though.
Took me about 4 hrs to do it today, only did the outside and all the door shuts etc, but did enjoy getting back out there and giving her a good clean, i used to spend loads of time doing my last car, but work commitments don't allow it anymore unfortunalty. Got to get myself a polisher though, then can really go to town on the body work and get rid of the remaining swirls.

Cheers for the comments.

I done mine last weekend here is what they came out like:
01052010231.jpg

01052010233.jpg

Better than they were anyway.

They look good, going to get some stickers for the finishing touch to mine. I'm really please with the red look against the black car though, brings back memories of how good the brembo's looked on my leon. Debating on whether or not to do the back ones. Might do them black instead of red though.....what do you think?

Both look brill, what paints are you using on the brakes and are you just taping them up on and painting ??

Cheers guys

i used hamerite metal paint from halfords, and after the stickers/tranfers will be giving them a couple of coats of clear laquer. i just rubbed them down, masked them up and started painting. not really sure what other methods others use, but this was recommended by other forums and worked on previous cars i have owned so stuck with what i knew really.

I used Plasicoat paint (available at B&Q). Used this before on previous cars and it seems to last well. After applying Decals gave a couple of coats of clear enamel laquer.

Good effort mate, heres mine i did a while back!

dscf0697y.jpg

Good%20effort%20mate,%20heres%20mine%20i%20did%20a%20while%20back%21
dscf0694.jpg

Last edited:
Got to admit bigger callipers look better. Mine look lost behind those 19's. The callipers on my RS6 were the insperation for mine, plain Black with just the RS logo.