EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

external silver trim clean

hi guys first post noobie whoohoo! just a quick one recently got my b7 cab and love it to bits but the silver external trim around the passenger compartment/bottom of the roof has watermarks on it and they bug me. tried a bit of autosol in an inconspicuous area but didnt shift it anyone got idea? and are these bits just plastic? thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I wouldn't bother replacing them as they are a pain to change over.

I think you have two options:

1) Car Plan make some sort of polish that works but you have to reapply every so often i.e. it doesn't fix the problem, just hides them.

2) Apply dedicated automotive black tape to coat all the trim (Richardesty has done this with 3M Di-noc).
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    This is a common issue with the lacquered/coated aluminium trim. The water finds it's way in & goes cloudy/milky.

I've read Megs NXT metal polish is good to use for this, so you could give this a go.
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

5th Gear

Status
    I've got that Megs Polish and it doesn't do anything. Although it's brilliant on your exhaust!

The Car Plan stuff that I have used is "Car Plan Chrome Trim Polish".
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I've got that Megs Polish and it doesn't do anything. Although it's brilliant on your exhaust!

The Car Plan stuff that I have used is "Car Plan Chrome Trim Polish".
    I have the same problem mate, only way to get rid of it is to replace the trim.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

4th Gear

Status
    Guys, use werkstat prime. It brings the trim up like new, you don't wan to use an abrasive polish on them. Available from polished bliss.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted