external silver trim clean

smiffyraf1

Reaction score
hi guys first post noobie whoohoo! just a quick one recently got my b7 cab and love it to bits but the silver external trim around the passenger compartment/bottom of the roof has watermarks on it and they bug me. tried a bit of autosol in an inconspicuous area but didnt shift it anyone got idea? and are these bits just plastic? thanks in advance!

23498_374082516523_515071523_3778484_6019695_n.jpg
23498_374082521523_515071523_3778485_5954053_n.jpg

I wouldn't bother replacing them as they are a pain to change over.

I think you have two options:

1) Car Plan make some sort of polish that works but you have to reapply every so often i.e. it doesn't fix the problem, just hides them.

2) Apply dedicated automotive black tape to coat all the trim (Richardesty has done this with 3M Di-noc).

This is a common issue with the lacquered/coated aluminium trim. The water finds it's way in & goes cloudy/milky.

I've read Megs NXT metal polish is good to use for this, so you could give this a go.

I've got that Megs Polish and it doesn't do anything. Although it's brilliant on your exhaust!

The Car Plan stuff that I have used is "Car Plan Chrome Trim Polish".

I've got that Megs Polish and it doesn't do anything. Although it's brilliant on your exhaust!

The Car Plan stuff that I have used is "Car Plan Chrome Trim Polish".

I have the same problem mate, only way to get rid of it is to replace the trim.

Guys, use werkstat prime. It brings the trim up like new, you don't wan to use an abrasive polish on them. Available from polished bliss.