Longlife exhaust fitted to AT 2.0t quattro

Fireyjack

Reaction score
On Friday I got a Longlife (www.longlife.co.uk) performance duplex exhaust fitted to my A4 2.0t quattro.

Wow, it looks great, sounds great and makes my car fantastic!

I got it fitted as a "cat back", chose a "Mid Sports Note" , as I didn't want it to sound like a scooby chav car. It sounds better from outside the car, inside you can only notice it, but it doesn't disturb the stereo. Just the way I wanted it to be. Got similar end pipes on the exhaust as I had prior - so it keeps the car looking like an ordinary Audi A4.

The exhaust is made from aircraft quality T304 british stainless steel (& T316 ss tig welding rods) and they did a fantastic job of fitting it. It's flush to the underside of the car, heat resistant paint applied and the back boxes fit nicely behind the diifuser - so they can't be seen under the car. One of my main issues with the Audi exhaust systems is those damn visible back boxes.

Leaving the best till last - they reccon I'd get about 10% more bhp so 277 (4WRR tested after Pendle Performance remap) + 27 (Lonlife exhaust) = approx 304bhp now!

It's true - the car feels smoother and there is a mass of more power.

For a duplex exhaust it cost me sub £500 fully fitted, with a lifetime guarantee for the full life of the car.
All in all, a fraction of the price of a Milltek system and highly recommended.

If you haven't noticed already, I'm delighted!

Tim.

sounds like your happy mate

what other mods apart from the re-map have you done

No other mods. Bought the car 12 months ago from the stealers, and have only remapped & added exhaust.

Attached is the scan link for the dyno print out after the remap in Oct-09.
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7198/audibhp.jpg

Can't be sure of the new bhp unless I spend another £70 for the pleasure of getting it back on a 4WRR.
I know the power gain does add a mass more power and to tell you the truth don't need another piece of paper to proove it.

Tim.

Pendle did my remap too and Martin said it should be around 250 - 260 BHP and the car certainly feels quick enough with tones of low down torque more than my front driver can handle most of the time but 277!?! I thought he was being hopeful at 250 !
Is that your RR link or a generic from Pendle ?
Any pics of your exhaust ?

Last edited:
had my power run done in march 2010, revo 1 told 255, revo 2 with turbo back and uprated fuel pump told 300.

results of power run. first run 292 bhp 319 pds/ft

second run 287 bhp 314 pds/ft

looking at hybrid for circ £900 at the mo, should see between 315 to 330.

will post power run tomorrow.......................

cheers all

Hi fireyjack,where did you get that rear diffuser from and how much was it? Did it come ready painted and was it easy to fit?

Looks great nice set up and yes where did you get that diffusser ?
I like the stock look with aftermarket exhaust well done !

And if you have 277bhp mine cant be far off as I have the same mapping so this makes me happy and explains why even for a fat avant its able shift ! :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
I think that's a Vortex rear diffuser.

Exhaust looks good - I've just had Powerflow swap my OEM 3.5" black tailpipes for polished stainless steel ones - cost me £70 inc welding them on, which isn't bad. No difference to performance of course, but they look better.

Cheers - the diffuser does make the car look modern and more aerodynamic.

See old thread "Rear diffuser 8EC071611A9AX - sourcing & advice" last reply was 29-Nov-09.

It's a Audi one - but they are £240 + VAT unpainted. I got mine very cheap after lots of looking around, then got it sprayed and fitted - all in for £100 ish.

Tim.