Dash and wheel finish - what spec?

MartayMcFly

Booooooost
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at moving up from an S3 to an S4, but looking through classifieds has shown that there seem to be quite a few dash specs, and at least 3 steering wheel options. I'm after the silver/aluminium inserts (not a fan of wood), with a multi-function wheel, maybe flat bottomed. Is there a certain year that this combo was or wasn't available? Does getting manual/auto make a difference?

Any help narrowing the search will be much appreciated.

Also, how easy/cheap would it be to retrofit nav/tv?

Thanks again,
Martin

All down to the original purchaser and how they specced it. You can retrofit a multifunctional wheel and different inlays, so don't be put off by wood just use it as a bargaining tool with the seller. I have a full set of the shinney piano black trims so PM me if they are of ingest once you've got the car. You could also wrap the exisiti g trim depend g on how handy you are. Retro fit the RNSE sat nav for £500 aprox.

That could be handy, I like bargaining tools ;) I like them even more when the compromise is easy to remedy. Piano black would be nice, I'll let you know once I find the right car.

RNSE-wise, can it just swap out for all of the other units, or do you have to replace the climate switches on some?

What's the difference between B6 and B7 interiors? Is it just newer looking? Would retro-fitting the bigger nav screen into a B6 be a simple swap too?

As far as I understood, the interiors are the same although B6's have a single DIN. There are instructions on various sites how to change the single for a double-din, just Google retrofit and RNS-e.