DPF delete on a Quattro

Tilly

Reaction score
This seems to be quite an obscure one... many people seem to be pulling DPF's off their front wheel drives and the likes of JBS/miltek etc have done the DPF delete pipes. All good and well if you have a transveresly mounted lump. now I have a 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro which in this scenario is a bit of a failure because noone seems to do anything for it. Has anyone got any experience of carrying out a DPF delete on a quattro?

I'm relatively new to the realms of diesel tuning and have come very much from a force induced petrol background and essentially it's all cats and the long and the short of it is you cut them out, remove back pressure and the turbo flows better, voila bobs your uncle kinda thing. Now I'm assuming it's essentially a similar principle however I know a cat and a DPF are completely different. I don't know much on the internals of a DPF and if it is simply a honeycomb type structure like a cat would be or what? Is it a case of cutting the thing out and having it mapped out or is it not so simple? Can anyone shed any light on this? As ever cash is king and I want to find the best most cost effective way of doing this without cutting corners.

This seems to be quite an obscure one... many people seem to be pulling DPF's off their front wheel drives and the likes of JBS/miltek etc have done the DPF delete pipes. All good and well if you have a transveresly mounted lump. now I have a 2.0 TDi 170 Quattro which in this scenario is a bit of a failure because noone seems to do anything for it. Has anyone got any experience of carrying out a DPF delete on a quattro?

I'm relatively new to the realms of diesel tuning and have come very much from a force induced petrol background and essentially it's all cats and the long and the short of it is you cut them out, remove back pressure and the turbo flows better, voila bobs your uncle kinda thing. Now I'm assuming it's essentially a similar principle however I know a cat and a DPF are completely different. I don't know much on the internals of a DPF and if it is simply a honeycomb type structure like a cat would be or what? Is it a case of cutting the thing out and having it mapped out or is it not so simple? Can anyone shed any light on this? As ever cash is king and I want to find the best most cost effective way of doing this without cutting corners.

Im in the same position mate.

I dont quite understand all this DPF malarky either and im not sure if they do something for my 3.0 TDi 233 either.

Im sure its the DPF thats affecting my remap as im not getting the results i should be!

Yeah, I find this too :( It seems to pull okay 1st, 2nd and 3rd but when you hit 4th, 5th and 6th it spikes like hell :( on boost off boost on boost off boost, you can physically feel it, it feels like the difference in boost levels is fairly hardcore too. With the DPF off it should pull better, with more power, less iffy boosting and give better fuel return, no brainer really...