A4 avant, non quattro, tyres?

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi gents,

Father has an A4 avant, non quattro, diesel. This is a replacement for the S4 cabriolet after the R8 purchase (as a sensible daily).

We have come to replace the tyres, 18 inch RS6 look wheels with Contisport 2s. These are the same alloys that were fitted to the older model S4, but the tyres seem to be horrendously expensive in comparison!

The tyres are 235/40/R18 at around £170 a corner. Is this the correct tyre, or are there other alternatives, size wise? He wants Conti 2s/3s because he is stubborn, but the S4 tyres were no more than £120, this being only 1-2 years ago.

It is the width that might make these tyres more easily accessible, therefore bringing the price down.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

James

P.s I have tried the usual Mytyres, Camskill and Blackcircles with around £5 difference.

Get you Father-In-Law onto AutoExpress.co.uk and show him the tyre test - Then order him some Vredesteins. Head and shoulders above my Pilot Sports i have at the mo (Had them on my A3) and better than the Goodyear SP Sports i had on my Golf - Many moons ago!

I have just put Toyo Proxes T1-R on my car (235 40 18's) at 125 quid a corner.
Seem ok but there again i don't push them too much as i drive an avant diesel lol.
Nik.