Engine Mgt Light and Trac Control lights on - HELP!!!!

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
Car's been running fine, just had the free MOT last week which flew through. I just picked up the little 'un from nursery and when starting the car the ECP (Engine mgt) light and the traction control light (pic of car with wavy lines, not the ESP light) came on and stayed on.:sadlike:

Checking the manual it says to 'Not delay in seeing a mechanic'....I'm assuming this won't go away and is serious, should I be driving to a mechanic or get it recovered? I drove about 1 mile with the light on as needed to get my 10mth daughter home, just hoping it hasn't caused any damage....

Oh and to top it all it went out of warranty last week....

Any ideas?

I know I had this on a Seat Leon and the technician said that it was a sensor that was linked to the brakes. He said it wasn't serious although the brake lights at the rear wouldn't work. Not sure if it's the same thing here.

hmmm, wondering whether it's connected to the issue I had during the snow, the ESP and Trac control lights were on and the sensor had a fault in them, they corrected this fault, seems odd it's come back in a different guise, but may help my case if Audi didn't fix the problem properly as hopefully won't have to pay again...

Problem is getting them to admit it's connected to the old fault, and their labour rate's not good if I have to pay....

With it just being out of warranty you should be able to get a good will gesture - I did when i had an engine managment fault on my old A3 - That was 3 monhs out of warranty and 7000 miles.

I went mental as they wanted £600 to fix a lambda sensor - After going mental a few times to Audi customer service and in the dealers they found it to be an Air-Mass meter - £60!

hopefully resolved, tried the car this morning, and the errors have cleared...might get it booked back in though as they cleared them before and maybe should've fixed a sensor instead of just clearing the error...not paying for it though as clearly soemthing they didn't fix properly...