Remap: is it worth it?

farooq

Reaction score
Hi guys, haven't posted on here for a while now. Can anyone enlighten me on remapping please. I drive an 05 2.0 tdi sline (black). I have been toying with the idea of a remap for some time now but just cNt make my mind up. It currently is a standard 140 bhp however some it feels like I need a few more horses to make it feel credible. Although I have enquirer about a remap using revo software is it gonna be worth the 350 odd quid I'm being quoted. Or should I just go for a 170 quid job that I been quoted by a guy who has been doing remaps from a computer shop?? That's capital fx based in west Yorkshire if anyone knows it by the way,

many thanks

Personally mate a remap will completly change your car for the better!

It really is quite unbelievable how much better my car feels now and how much power you can gain.

However make sure you get it done properly and i mean at a proper garage with a rolling road, one which will give you the correct printouts and adjust the map if need be as every map needs to be tailored to each individual car.

£350-£450 is what you will pay to have the job done properly.

I reckon you would gain about 30bhp if done correctly.

Thanks for the advice,

the guy who's quoted me this price has already been complimented on this forum. Autotechnica in hull. He's promised an extra 45bhp and improved fuel consumtion etc.

I got the quote wrong, he did quote me a little while back but I just rang him and it was more like 450!!!
I think what would sway me is if I were able to drive a remapped car as compared to mine. If I could feel the difference under my foot then I would almost be more inclined to get it done. Was yours a standard 140bhp?

just be wary about cheaper remaps i have mate who had his a6 2.5tdi remapped and has gone through 2 turbos in 6months,but he does drive like a **** though.

Thanks for the advice,

the guy who's quoted me this price has already been complimented on this forum. Autotechnica in hull. He's promised an extra 45bhp and improved fuel consumtion etc.

I got the quote wrong, he did quote me a little while back but I just rang him and it was more like 450!!!
I think what would sway me is if I were able to drive a remapped car as compared to mine. If I could feel the difference under my foot then I would almost be more inclined to get it done. Was yours a standard 140bhp?

No mate my 3.0 Tdi Is 233bhp standard!

what about the STS that Shark Performance and others sell ?
I've been quoted an extra 40bhp on top of the 200bhp I already have !