Volks AutosSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

May need a new windscreen - Auto lights

I've recently gained an annoying scratch on my windscreen, right in my line of sight. It depends how annoying it gets but I may need a new windscreen. Thing is, do I just swap like for like or should I get the windscreen that the auto-dim mirror fits on so I can retrofit auto lights?

I've read many threads but ultimately can't find anyone who has retrofitted this. Hazzy Dayz fit it at nearly Ł600 (not including windscreen) but can't see why the price is this high.

What do you guys think?
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Alrite i got mine changed by national windscreens it cost me Ł190 and i went for the one that holds the rain/light sensor + auto dim mirror.

I have fitted the rain sensor and wired that in and vagcom it and it works fine, I never made a howto in the end because i used this guide http://www.audiforum.us/c5-platform/...-function.html, the pin locations are different on the a4 b7 but if you read through the guide it tells you which ones.

Im just waiting to find an auto light switch and i can finish it off.

Hope the guide helps!!

Matt

5th Gear

Status
    That's good news, glad there is someone that has done it so if I screw it up I can ask

Are you going to fit the coming home light switch? Did you get the repair wire and pins?
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.