sidelights

jon1982

diesel dodger
Reaction score
hi guys,

bought a pair of phillips sidelight upgrades and TRIED fitting them today, as anyone on here done this? (its a right t**t)
i managed to get hold of it and twiddle it around but did,nt want to force it out. do they pull straight out? or do i need to half turn then pull out?
dont want to damage anything so any advice i would very very much apreciate!

thanks,
jon

Jon
I have done the sidelights on my 2006 A4 avant and assuming the light units are the same, the sidelight bulbs should pull straight out. Granted I do not have chunky hands and was just able to get the tips of my fingers either side of the bulb, with just enough pressure to pull the bulb. I seem to recall some other forum members saying that they pull on the wiring as it goes into the bulb holder and that is sufficient to extract the bulb but personally I would worry about damaging the wiring.
If your hands are too big just ask the missus to do it for you :slapped:

ditto the above
did mine at the weekend but replaced with LEDS
could not quite reach or get enough forct on the actual bulb, so pulled the wire and out it popped.
the worst you could do here is pull a wire out of the back of the connection clip - they pop back in again easily so no worries there

ditto the above
did mine at the weekend but replaced with LEDS
could not quite reach or get enough forct on the actual bulb, so pulled the wire and out it popped.
the worst you could do here is pull a wire out of the back of the connection clip - they pop back in again easily so no worries there

Doug - The LED sidelights, is it just a lamp change or do you need resisters etc?

Any lamp faults?!

Cheers :icon_thumright:

thanks guys thats helped me a lot.
as i said all i was worried about was damaging something so i will have another go now at the weekend.
thanks again.

ok getting really frustrated now! finally got one of the bulbs out today but the other one (air filter side) is not budging at all, unscrewed everything i could see near the headlight to try and take it out but no look there either! think its gona have to be a garage job now, gutted though cos i have got one side fitted!

thanks doug, it took some doing but both new sidelights are now in! the difference is much better so pleased with the result.
next up phillips 5000k diamond dipped beam and upgraded fogs, if i dare!?

I had the same problems, eventually i ended up pushing a bulb into the headlight and now i cannot get it out.

What bulbs did you use mate? i want some that dont cause the errors.

at moment just got sidelights which are phillips blue vision from autobulbs direct, no bulb out or error warnings with them and they do look a lot better than the standard bulb.