Key Fob Just Stopped Working Lock/Unlock not working

tomgreen78

Reaction score
Have a 55 plate 2.0 tdi s line drove to work earlier got out of the car and fob not working, changed for a new battery straight away and nothing still can lock/unlock car via door and start car as normal just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and how to rectify. Have read about putting one key in ignition and one in the door would this work on the b7 or is it a visit to audi any comments or ideas many thanks.

i had the same problem, i herd that if you take the battery out, you would risk loosing the settings and would need Audi to reprogram it, so i went to Audi to get a new battery!

cost me £2 and they resync'd it for free!

How did they resync your key was it left in ignition and then hooked up to laptop, did you see what they did to get it working again cheers

as you stated yourself, fobs lost its sync, place in ignition, cant remember if you have to turn on or not but try bothways, whilst in press lock button,release, remove key, close door and try, im sure thats the way.

sorry mate, i didnt actually see!!

it was snowing so i stayed indoors whist the geezer jumped in the car.

what i do know is he didnt need a laptop.

Just to inform people i've got one key working the spare by

1. putting spare key in the ignition turning one notch
2. closing door and locking vehicle via door handle key hole with main key
3. unlocking vehicle via door key hole and removing key from ignition

This has worked for my spare as the battery had died in this also, but the main key have been using wont re programme
thus thinking it must be faulty.