Chris NottEM Tuning

Thread: De badged!

Reverse Gear

Status

De badged!

Took the plunge and went out there with the hair dryer. 10 mins later - no model badging on the boot lid. Quick polish and no regrets. I'll post a picture when allowed to see what others think!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Looking forward to seeing the picture.

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    Good work - I've done this on every car I've ever owned! Cleaner

Actually, my current car was debadged from new so that's a lie.
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

1st Gear

Status
    This is a very subjective area....my 2.0T FSI S-line Quattro was debadged at new. Sometimes I think it looks very cool and 'understated' - other times I think I would like to see it is in fact a 2.0T quattro (when like this, the only outward identification of it being a Quattro is the badge on the passenger facia above the glove box)

I mean no disrespect to other A4s but apart from the twin exhausts, without badges it can look like a tdi S-line?

I mean, would an RS4 or S4 owner ever debadge?!

I'll put a picture of the back end on here if someone can tell me the best way to post a pic?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hazey7 View Post
    I mean, would an RS4 or S4 owner ever debadge?!
    I intend to do just that when I get my S4.

IMO external badging is just an announcement to people around you about what you drive. All I care about is that *I* know what I'm driving and that I like how it looks. I've never liked the look of model badges on cars so I've always removed them.

I couldn't care less if other people know what spec the car is.

1st Gear

Status
    Nice one Bill, however if I had an S4 or RS4 I would want everyone to know!!

5th Gear

Status
    It's probably just me but I think sometimes it works but other times I think it looks like the car has been in an accident and had a respray.

I can't decide.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

2nd Gear

Status
    I removed mine, as I just hate the build up of grime between the letters and numbers. Clean new look

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm thinking of a semi de badge....Keep the A4, lose the 2.0TDI. I did a similar thing with my last car, took off the Vauxhall and Astra badge, just left the VXR.

4th Gear

Status
    I've been planning on doing mine for ages - Thought about a Nurburg Ring sticker, but wasn't sure if i'd look like a chav - Thoughts lads??

I inadvertently done it on my company Focus i had in my last job - Just jet washed it and they flew off....

Do you just need to heat it with the hairdryer then?

Live now

Status
    On my Cab 1.8t S-line It came debadged. Just the Audi rings and the S-line on the side.
    And yes, I may have told the odd lie saying that it is a 2.0T I mean how do you explain to a chick that a 1.8t is as powerful as a 2.4V6... sorry

Reverse Gear

Status
    Re. the removal, its just a case of warming the badges gently with a hairdryer. As the metal letters warms up it allows you to gently prise them away. I used my nails and a credit card, no screwdrIvers!. Then some lighter fuel or similar to take away the residue. You can't tell they were there.

3rd Gear

Status
    I debadged a few weeks ago too, I left the rings though, I thought it would have looked a bit odd without them!

loves quattro

Status
    I took everything off the boot bar the quattro badge........but have since refitted the rings

B4banana

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by hazey7 View Post
    Nice one Bill, however if I had an S4 or RS4 I would want everyone to know!!
    yeeaah see I like that idea myself aswel but I could go out today buy the full rs4 kit and slap the badge and you'd clearly think I'm
    driving an rs4 . . Only because of the badge when it's clearly a 2.0.

Also my method is debadge the car soo when somebody pulls next to you and thinks it's something ****ty and standard . . They wount know what's hit them when you pull off

Neutral

Status
    Thanks guys.. you gave me the idea to debage my audi b7 and the difference itjust looks so much better! :-D

VW-7 Audi-1

Status
    Did mine today too, but only removed the 2.0TDI and left the A4 and rings on. Although looking at it now i reckon i will probably eventually take the A4 off aswell.
    I am thinking possibly trying to find an s-line badge of some kind for the back.......anyone else tried this???
    2006 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI (140) S-Line
    Phantom Black
    Audi Phone Prep, Bose, retrofit RNS-E, rear Parking Sensors, rear Sunblinds, Canbus friendly LED sidelights

Neutral

Status
    i kept the rings on.. i origonally took the 2.0 tdi off and thought the a4 didnt look right on the left so off it came.. just the rings letf and it looks specail will get a pic up for you and u can decide what u think