Superchips Bluefin Equals SMILES!

Richardesty

loves quattro
Reaction score
Well - ordered it from Demon Tweeks yesterday, through a mini group buy, and it arrived today :w00t:

By following the clear instructions I downloaded the 'std' map to the Bluefin module after tea - then uploaded it to the Superchip Server. I was then ready to wait '8 working hours' (i.e. Monday) for the new map to be ready for me to download........as per the 'Mon to Fri' instructions.

I hadn't even turned my PC off before I'd got a text and email from Superchips to say it was ready to go!

So I've followed the instructions, uploaded to the car and had less than 1 mile test drive.

****** HELL IT'S GOOD!!!!! :hubbahubba:

So my 2.0TDi (170) is now a 2.0TDi (208) :weight_lift2:

Rich

What a result!!!!....thats an impressive hike in bhp! Just curious as to how you can tell the new output.....I assume the info comes from Superchips with your revised map?
If you dont mind me asking.....how much was it to buy through your group buy?......and is it also supposed to improve your mpg?

What a result!!!!....thats an impressive hike in bhp! Just curious as to how you can tell the new output.....I assume the info comes from Superchips with your revised map?
If you dont mind me asking.....how much was it to buy through your group buy?......and is it also supposed to improve your mpg?

Firstly, i shall ignore James as he's just jealous.......

The new output is stated on their site, along with an extra 69lb/ft torque!

I paid £390 inc delivery, and it claims to improve the mpg - although I've not noticed that within the 1st one mile run :icon_thumright:

angel tuning - live remap come to your house and give minimum 40bhp and i got 6 mpg more
£175
cant argue with that
also do complete fault finding
half the cost of superchips who do not offer a custom remap unlike angel

:slap: That told me!

I'm happy with the result :icon_thumright:

suppose if your ok then its all good, just for anyone else out ther looking to remap, let me know and i will give angel the heads up.
if your not hapy with them, they wont charge you, i cant praise them enough
just mention my name and they will do you a decent price like they did for me
:w00t:

Don't suppose Angel would come to Edinburgh???

I would be interested on a price for having my 2.0 TDi done in the Glasgow area. Could possibly hit Glasgow (me) and Edinburgh (comic) in the same day.

where did you get the angel tuning £175 from? its 225 on there site and thats if you go up to them

Nothing less than brillant mate :icon_thumright:

Hi Richard,

Had my 3.0tdi (229bhp) A4 Avant Bluefin'd for a good 6 months now and have been nothing but happy with it. The extra 50bhp (well 48 according to Superchips) has just been fantastic. It feels rapid, and still does. The reason i went for bluefin over remaps with well known companies like Revo or AMD is that with Bluefin you can remove the map and put the standard back (although i'm sure some sharp eye'd Audi mech could sniff it out) when you take the car in for service or MOT. I'm also glad of Bluefin in winter and being able to remove the remap to let the wife drive it! The car is a lot quicker, expecially in gear (standing start is not great is it's an auto, but i'm not so interested in traffic light GP's any more) than standard, especially top end.

Pleased your as happy with yours as i am with mine!

Max

angel tuning - live remap come to your house and give minimum 40bhp and i got 6 mpg more
£175
cant argue with that
also do complete fault finding
half the cost of superchips who do not offer a custom remap unlike angel

Just had a chat wih the guys at Angel for my 2.0T S-Line SE, talking 260bhp :thumbsup:Although price was £295 or £280 if I went to them.

Hmm that bhp figure seems quite high... do they have any dyno graphs to prove it?

Don't know but they did say that my year and model of car has an uprated fuel pump that can cope with the higher power whereas the standard 200bhp 2.0T does not and hence a slightly lower final power.

Don't know but they did say that my year and model of car has an uprated fuel pump that can cope with the higher power whereas the standard 200bhp 2.0T does not and hence a slightly lower final power.

Ah ok - I wonder if my '06 S-Line SE has the same uprated fuel pump then? I've been reading about uprated ones... The FSi system has 2 pumps - a low pressure one at the fuel tank end & high pressure ones on the fuel rail feeding the engine. Problems arise when the low pressure one can't supply enough fuel & you get drop outs in power as the system can't keep up. So by replacing the fuel tank pump with a higher pressure one, it allows the rest to work better & produce more power.

Might have to give them a call - it'd be good to know if I already have an uprated pump.