ECON light on climate

glenn67

A4 3.2 Quattro S-Line
Reaction score
Hi all, if the econ light is illuminated on the climate control am I right in thinking it means the aircon is off? Mine sometimes lights up and it stays illuminated even when I press the button i.e. button doesnt appear to do anything. Then other times when I start the car up the light is off so basically it seems to have a mind of its own? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks

Glenn

The aircon turns on when you switch the windscreen de-mister on and this could be what is confusing you, espacially if the aircon was left off before turning the car off. (If that makes sense)

You should run your aircon atleast once a week on a journey to keep it in order as it can become, shall we say stale(??), if not in use for a period of time....Im a geek by the way...

The aircon turns on when you switch the windscreen de-mister on and this could be what is confusing you, espacially if the aircon was left off before turning the car off. (If that makes sense)

You should run your aircon atleast once a week on a journey to keep it in order as it can become, shall we say stale(??), if not in use for a period of time....Im a geek by the way...

Sorry that was abit of a useless post...