Badger5Sky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

Retrofitting Coming Home Feature

Found a number of units on the Gernam ebay selling units that do the "coming home" lights feature. Anyone know if these are genuine Audi or if it's straightforward to retrofit? Presumably you need the coming home button that sits near the headlight switch.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

VW-7 Audi-1

Status
    Hello Wrath
    Try this link for information which may help you. Not sure if it is applicable to your specific model but it may just save you a few quid.
    http://audiretrofit.quinlivan.net/
    Scroll down a bit to find the relevant guide with pictures.

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers for that, presume it's the same for the B7. Don't suppose anyone here has done this?
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

On my 3rd A4! RS4 next???

Status

Re: Retrofitting Coming Home Feature

Any luck? Sounds really useful.

Chris

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

5th Gear

Status
    Not confident enoguh to try it as I haven't found an actual B7 thread and each model is slightly different.
    Nathan

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi
    Im about to start retrofitting this today along with the auto dim mirror and rain sensor, i had a new windscreen fitted yesterday so i could fit the sensor and mirror just got to do the wiring.
    I'll try and to a HOW TO while im doing it and post it on here.

matt

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattb1434 View Post
    hi
    Im about to start retrofitting this today along with the auto dim mirror and rain sensor, i had a new windscreen fitted yesterday so i could fit the sensor and mirror just got to do the wiring.
    I'll try and to a HOW TO while im doing it and post it on here.

matt

A how to would be great Matt

5th Gear

Status
    That would be fantastic! Where and how much did you get the windscreen?
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    Any news on this?
    Nathan

Neutral

Status
    I've come up with a cheaper way of doing this that can be done on any car.

When you unlock or before you lock the interior lights come on. Take a feed off one of the interior lights, feed a relay which in turn switches your headlights on. Possibly add a switch to disable the function if needed.

A4 2.0 TFSi Quattro S-Line - Shark Peformance Stage 2 + Decat

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_the_v8man View Post
    I've come up with a cheaper way of doing this that can be done on any car.

When you unlock or before you lock the interior lights come on. Take a feed off one of the interior lights, feed a relay which in turn switches your headlights on. Possibly add a switch to disable the function if needed.

I wonder if you could use the original switch in the circuit you suggested? It's the one on the left

5th Gear

Status
    Looking at the B6 thread, apparently the relevant wires are there, just tucked away. If that was the same with the B7 then all you need is a replacement switch, in my case a switch with both headlight levelling and CH and plug the wires into it.

However, I am not confident enough with wiring so would prefer someone else to do it
    Nathan