19" alloys on standard S-Line Suspension

Richardesty

loves quattro
Reaction score
Well guys - I've searched but can't find anything specific.

Does anyone have any photos of 19" alloys fitted to a B7 S-Line with 'standard' S-line suspension?

No prizes for guess what I'm thinking :idea:

Cheers

Rich

Yeah, here you go...

ss2.jpg

And for reference, on SE suspension:
Rims_noPSS94.jpg

Cheers mate...............that's one hell of a comparison!!!!!

Wow, is that really only 20mm difference in ride height?! I am also thinking of replacing my 18"s with 19" but am terrified of making the ride even harsher as I have some seriously bumpy roads by me..... would be really interested if anyone had other pics of an s-line on any other type of 19" alloy? Cheers!!

Wow, is that really only 20mm difference in ride height?! I am also thinking of replacing my 18"s with 19" but am terrified of making the ride even harsher as I have some seriously bumpy roads by me..... would be really interested if anyone had other pics of an s-line on any other type of 19" alloy? Cheers!!

Yeah 19s on an SE look daft at the standard ride height. Those are both US cars but the spec is the same as over here.

It won't make any difference what type of wheel it is, and the tyre profile is only dropping from 40 on an 18 to 35 on a 19, so you won't notice much difference in the ride, unless you lower/stiffen the suspension.

I've got my car on 19s with coilovers wound down low & the ride isn't harsh, but the car does follow the dips in the road rather than smooth them out. Great fun for driving on a clear winding road though!

This photo shows my Cabrio with 19" R8 wheels (which have been painted)

It's a bit dark, but you can still see them OK.

Beach1.jpg

Last edited:
By my calculations 235/19/35s are 82mm sidewall height, whereas 235/40/18s are 94mm, or 12mm less sidewall on a 19...... I guess what I really need is to drive a 2.0T s-line with 19s on it straight after driving mine (standard 06 s-line with 235/40/18s) anyone in the Merseyside/Chester area wanna lend me their A4 s-line with 19s on for a test drive?!