RNS-E and N96 issues

cdco2

Reaction score
:sadlike:Evening all, just picked up my 07 A4 avant and loove it already ...but... I can get the car and my phone paired and make calls BUT i cant get it to synch with my phone book... the 810 contacts manager fails to istall on my N96 as it is not certificated by Nokia for the phone !!!:sadlike:

Ive had a search of here and tyresmoke and the Nokia contacts manager appears to be the only solution !

need the updated bluetooth controller and it will work then. aprox £250

Need to do the same with my car

N Series & audi BT spells doom, lol, but yes as already stated contacts manager or uprated module.

I cant even get my 5800 xpress to work with contacts manager!

I've got a nice pile of phones sat at home, all N series! Was great when I had my VW that used the rSAP protocol but with the audi its useless

Or maybe its just Nokia are ***** now, lol, I used to love them but they became so unreliable with constant crashes, so switched to SE which also now have lost there way, but had this Samsung Tocco for ages now & I have to say after testing several new phones recently free from orange I still find it hard to be beaten after more than a year of use, after sevral firmware upgrades in beginning I found, it works perfectly & perfect size aswell, touch screen is very good.

had the N96 from when they first came out and it has never been an issue, regular SW updates have improved it and it always has a signal even when the ubiquitous tart-phone doesn't plust its has a betted camer , GPS ... blah blah blah... well as I like the phone and refuse to fork out 250 quid on a Bt upgrade then Ill resort to uploading the numbers another way...

Thanks for all the responses

Or spend an age maunaully enetring your phonebook into the RNS-E...

well have entered the main numbers intothe car manually ... TWICE once in the directory and once in the voice recognition part... integration of the MMI feels awful unless Im missing something !!

BUT im loving the car itself !!!!

Will be getting the new Nokia X6 soon so Im hoping that will integrate better.

Phone wont make any difference if its newer, its the bluetooth module in the car thats outdated. Annoyingly though Blackberrys and iPhones seem to work fine

****** well Im not going backwards with the phone and any spare cash will be going to my track day toy ready for spring now Ive spent loads on buying this. So Ill have to put up with SLOWLY adding people to the onboard phone book.... gives me something to do when stuck in traffic ;-)

I have the N85, just fitted the Fiscon Bluetooth unit on my 06 Cab to work through the RNS-E.. everything works well except that the Bluethooth wont connect automatically... but it does work with my 55 plate DTM, so confused , I think that the Nokia Bluetooth is or has the worst reputation for working as it should from all the places... but i did have to load the 810 manager from Nokia web site for it to work on the DTM...

Dan, cant believe the blue tooth kit is that out of date I got my N96 nealy 2years ago as soon as they came out and the car is only just over 2 years old.... how behind the development curve were Audi !

Here's hoping that the 810 contact manager will work on the X6 OR that the X6 is nearer the functionaility of the non N series nokias !!!

Have just found that Nokia have released the 810 contacts manager for the newr phones ie N96 (S60 Series 3.2 phones) so going to install and then try ! any tips from those using 810 on other N series phones ?

well that didnt work...... any thoughts ... car just does not see the phone contacts list etc but the phone works from the car directory and DVI !

Things get wors... nokia 5880 Music Xpress cant even see the cars BT...... friends Tart-Phone worked straight away... full phone book and functionality with in minutes and no additional apps / mucking about....

... from the research Ive done so far it seems all Symbian S 60 V3 or above based phones dont work and neither do Android based ones

Older / lower spec non symbian and surprisingly tart-phones do..... so what the hell do i do now !!!