Poll for new RS4

I

imported_RastaS4

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1096370281RastaS4">

Which engine would you prefer on the new RS4?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />V8 4.2 420bhp
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />V8 4.2 FSI 420bhp
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />V8 4.2 bi turbo 480bhp
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Not being a spoil sport but does it matter. The decision's made.

Yeah and why not add 600bhp V8 to that list? Who wouldn't want more power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this for sure? What is it?

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know Scotty! But imagine if this poll gets to Audi... who knows? (I know it's far fetched, but what the hell... I'm doing it for fun)

G

Some cars have already been made/shown.

The car/engine plants are planned ages in advance so I'm pretty sure they won't be phoning their suppliers to cancel 20,000,000 widgets coz of a poll of an audi forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
Some cars have already been made/shown.

The car/engine plants are planned ages in advance so I'm pretty sure they won't be phoning their suppliers to cancel 20,000,000 widgets coz of a poll of an audi forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotty, it's like your telling me that the sky is blue! I know that nothing will change but still... isn't nice to dream sometimes??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And Scotty, just to tell you: they already produce these three engines!!! And the number of RS4's are more or less limited... aren't they?

G

I wasn't aware of 4,2 FSI engines? A6 doesn't have one, A8 doesn't have one, S4 doesn't have one..

- Yak

Sorry for being a spoil sport.

I was just in a realist mood.

[ QUOTE ]
Yak said:
I wasn't aware of 4,2 FSI engines? A6 doesn't have one, A8 doesn't have one, S4 doesn't have one..

- Yak

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry...I'm not sure about that one Yak! My mistake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
Sorry for being a spoil sport.

I was just in a realist mood.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries mate! It's also good to be realistic sometimes!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

G

p.s. I heard it was gonna be a blown V10 with quad turbos!

p.p.s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

p.s. I heard it was gonna be a blown V10 with quad turbos!

p.p.s. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were to happen... well I truly wonder what I would in order to get one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Audi is about to launch a revised V-8 with FSI technology. This engine was officially announced as being in development when the 3.2 and 2.0 litre FSI engines were launched. It is no secret project within Audi and will be used extensively across the range to replace the existing 4.2 V-8. The primary advantage of FSI technology is that it delivers greater power and consumes less fuel.

The only question mark is which car will be used to launch it and when. My guess is that it will appear in the A6 Avant when launched in March, followed by the A8. There's a good chance that an upgraded S4 could get it for the 2006 model year. No one knows yet.

If the S4 did get the new 4.2 FSI engine, and it may well need it to meet forthcoming Euro IV emission requirements, that would raise the very interesting question about what engine should go in to the RS4. We may yet see a bi-turbo motor developing 480 bhp.

Remember one other thing. While Audi makes the S4 and S6 models, Quattro Gmbh makes RS models. Given the overall production volumes and hand-made approach to producing RS models, I don't think they need to sign-off on final spec until just before launch.

So RastaS4's poll isn't invalid,it's intersting. One more thing. They were still testing RS4 prototypes in September. They may need to make further changes before settling on what the most appropriate engine configuration is.