Does your 2.0TDI use much oil?

s-line stu

Reaction score
I've used around 2 litres of top up oil over the last 15k miles - just wondered how this compared with other TDI owners - is this good, bad or average?

It's a 2.0TDI S-Line 140 doing mainly motorway driving and has 35K miles on the clock.

I bought my A4 2.0tdi S-Line 140 with 33k miles on the clock about a year ago. Since then I've done about the same miles ad I've put about 2 litres also.
Think that's about average. I read somewhere that as the engines age they require less but I'm gonna wait and see how it goes. You heavy on the right foot? I put my oil consumption down to that.

Not especially heavy with the right foot as I commute up a 25 mile stretch of the M42 motorway which is normally restricted to 60mph in the rush hour due to congestion - that's why I normally get around 60mpg!

that sounds about right to me, the diesels can be pretty thirsty on the oil especially if you,ve got a heavy right foot.

Mine doesn't burn any oil. The level remains the same between changes (each ~15,000KM). Most of the driving is in the town at low speed (avg. 15MPH :( )