Window tinting

jon1982

diesel dodger
Reaction score
hi guys,

i am looking at getting my windows tinted all round, and was just wondering if anyone could recommend any where in the west yorkshire area or a mobile company?

thanks.

Yeah a decent tint will set you back £300 or so. I've had a couple of quotes around that price - I only want a really subtle tint so I've not bothered yet...

Yeah 250-300 is about right tbh as I had my S4 B6 Avant done by my usual guys down in surrey, they did all but screen, very good I might add, very.

have,nt had any quotes yet, dont mind paying that sort of money if its going to be a quality job! its just finding a good company in yorkshire to do it as surreys a bit far out for me, any ideas guys?

TBH mate I live in East Sussex/Kent area so I happily go there given the quality of work even if a drive, but I've asked someone near you to comment on Yorkshire fella.

have,nt had any quotes yet, dont mind paying that sort of money if its going to be a quality job! its just finding a good company in yorkshire to do it as surreys a bit far out for me, any ideas guys?

Where is Yorkshire, as Empire Tints are J21 of M62? Perhaps get a better deal if we went to get both? A bit of a group buy

I use Dapaa tints, they are based in Leeds and you will get a lot better price. Possibly 200 for all round. Give them a call.

dapaa tints, thanks i will have a look, only 10 mins down road aswell, do they do a good job?

£300 seems a bit steep TBH. I paid £150 last year to have my RS6 Avant done, that included a light smoke to the front and a medium smoke at the rear. No use to you guys as I'm up in Scotland but gives you an idea of price brand for an avant.

Yeah they fine. They seemed dodgy when I first met them but have used them 3 times now so says it all really. Give them a shout and tell them you have been recommended by me, you will get a cheap price. They just did my new S3 a few days ago.

My mate does mine £100 all in !! Sorry guys !! Its usually around the £250.00 mark tho

There is a guy outside of York on the A64 who quoted me £150 to do my A4 Avant.

Not got round to having it done yet, but seemed pretty good.

Yeah 250-300 is about right tbh as I had my S4 B6 Avant done by my usual guys down in surrey, they did all but screen, very good I might add, very.

Any details for these guys? I am in West Sussex and thinking about getting my A4 Avant done.

Any other recomendations for people in the W Sussex area?

ha ha anyone wanna swap their standard windows for my tinted ones?? just brought a a4 avant with very dark tints and dont like them :( would take it off but all the back are factory fit and just the fronts were aftermaket.

Try Xtreme Tints in Bradford. Very good workmanship and nice guys. Price was £200-£220 IIRC on my old B6 Avant B pillar back.

finally getting the windows tinted tomorrow, £179.00 at daapa tints in leeds for full car doing, very good price i think. i will update with the results when its done.

finally getting the windows tinted tomorrow, £179.00 at daapa tints in leeds for full car doing, very good price i think. i will update with the results when its done.

Sounds about right mate, i know a bloke who does a damn good job for £150.00, thinking of having mine done aswell but only want a subtle darkness at the back

yeah same here, think im gona try and get the same shade all round, not keen on cars with fully blacked out rear windows. see what happens!

job done, and i can certainly say i recommend dapaa tints. the guys were very professional and explained everything they were doing. it took them just short of an hour and half to do the full car and at £179.00 you really cant go wrong and as an added bonus i got to go for a spin in the bosses porsche boxster S!

As above, this thread is useless without pictures!

will get pics up as soon as pos, need to give the car a good clean first though and i have,nt put pics on here before so might need some help?

Not bothered about a dirty car, if you want you can send me the pics and I'll upload them. PM me if you want to do this.

Need pics, need them now!!!!

i have uploaded pics onto photobucket but dont know where to go from there now im afraid. anyone advise me?

th_IMG_0637.jpg
th_IMG_0638.jpg
th_IMG_0639.jpg

this is the best i can do at the minute guys until someone can tell me how to dio it properly

Last edited:
would like to say thankyou to wrath for uploading pictures for me, so what does everybody think?

I did both the A3 & the A4 cab myself. There is a chap who does the film pre cut on ebay called Luxico film. Dark smoke rear & light smoke front, about 50 quid for the kit. It is really easy to fit if you take your time & the pre cut stuff saves any messing around putting it on the outside first. Highly recommended