Please confirm A4 battery cover?

drnutta

Reaction score
Hi Guy,

Can any of you confirm if your A4 has a battery cover on the battery?

My girlfriends A4 battery is just exposed to the elements which does not look right.

If so is there a mod we can do to cover this top area of the engine bay for protection?

Alisdair

A lot of cars do and a lot don't! Audi stopped putting them on at the factory in order to save money!!

If you want one send me a PM and I'll post it out. Do you have one over the brake fluid tank cause if not you may need another one as well.

Thanks Mate,

Looking at it I only seem to have a cover on the right side of the battery if I'm facing it... like a mesh thing... but it looks like its not actually protecting anything.

Is there one that we can just cover that whole area like how the American's have?

http://www.audiction.com/audi-maintenance/audi-a4-engine-cover-kit-install/

So I guess no cover on anything...

Have you got part numbers?

And how much do you want for it if its the right thing?

Yeah mine is the same, no cover included! Bit of a shame really, it's like the engine bay is unfinished!

ill have some too! the 4 rings are missing off my engine cover! :wtf:

they can be ordered from audi / tps. £8 iirc for the battery cover and then the main bit is about £18 I think when I ordered mine. the only bit I am missing is the ECU cover, as the stock one sits lower and doesnt match up to the penulumn chamber (it sits about 1" lower, I have tried a few ECU covers bit I cant seem to find a tall one that matches up to the bottom half of the ecu box, so for now I have left it. (I have done the same on my dads A4) (you could fit the lower and upper of the ecu box if you wished)

the covers are from a RS4 btw.