Anyone Retro fitted Xenon headlamps?

Stepho

Reaction score
Has anyone retro fitted Xenon headlamps? I'm looking at doing this mod as I find the standard lamps poor, maybe i got used to xenons after having them on my previous cars. I recently upgraded the H7 bulbs to extreme but still not happy with the light output. is it just me or are others finding the light poor?

Someone recently suggested Xenon HID KIT Conversion, but I recon I would still require projector style headlamps. Is this the case, or has anyone carried out this mod?

Any upgrades I would be keen to hear of.

Depends how far you want to go with retro oem fitment as need headlamp washing & levelling system, I've retro upgraded my 8P to bixenon adaptive from single vision xenons, same install tbh, isnt cheap, but oem xenons are definitely the way to go as they're much better than aftermarket & work with the car systems perfectly.

Depends how far you want to go with retro oem fitment as need headlamp washing & levelling system, I've retro upgraded my 8P to bixenon adaptive from single vision xenons, same install tbh, isnt cheap, but oem xenons are definitely the way to go as they're much better than aftermarket & work with the car systems perfectly.

Yep - OEM ones are the best really. Once fitted, you'll need to set the car up via VAG-COM so the ECU knows it has them.

Yep - OEM ones are the best really. Once fitted, you'll need to set the car up via VAG-COM so the ECU knows it has them.

Yeah the can needs the central network board in 09 told it has whichever xenons, so it adjusts the wiring pins accordingly & knows what modules to expect/look for, namely the levelling controller & sensors on axles & if adaptive the can units in each headlight, but importantly be good if your car had a few better tech things installed already as may need a highline network board as per the 8P needs for these higher spec features, a good sign of this would be fogs possibly, but need to login & ceck if the option is there to change headlight type, if so this would make your life alot easier.

might seem a silly question but wheres best to buy oem xenons as id love some too for mine.. b7 a4
tried ebay but the 40000 results are mostly bulbs!

you gotta watch and be careful, remember you need RHD if youre in the uk and so on, make sure you get the ballasts as well otherwise you wont have anything to strike an arc. alternatively try audi parts or or kufatec also sell them