Does the S3 K04 i've just bought fit the A4 2.0TFSi

Yes it will, JABBASPORT told me its a direct replacement.
Are you getting fuel pump and injectors too?
Go to ARP website for full run down on FSI pumps. Its very interesting.

Let me know your progress with K04 upgrade etc. Was my intention to upgrade before the crash so plans put back for now.

just found this

Originally Posted by Joel@APR View Post
A few things to consider before buying a S3 turbo for your A4:

1.) The turbo exhaust flange on a S3 and A4 are completely different. So, your A4 downpipe will NOT bolt up to this turbo and a custom downpipe will have to be made that incorporates a S3 (or GTI) flange.

2.) The manifold will not seat properly to the head unless the appropriate ear of the exhaust flange is trimmed and a new hole drilled (it will hit the motor mount).

3.) The compressor outlet and inlet of the turbo are in different locations than an A4. You would need custom hoses to make this work.

4.) A4s have a DV that's incorporated into the turbo where as the S3 has no provisions for this. So, your custom compressor outlet hose will also have to have a bung for a DV.

5.) With all of this custom hardware you will also need hose clamps and a custom exhaust gasket.

034 may have provisions for all of this. I just wanted to ensure that no one was mislead into believing you could simply bolt a S3 turbo on your A4, hook up the exhaust and plumbing, and go.

My Solutions;
1) De-cat pipe with the K04 flange for the A4 are available
2) Not scared of a bit of griding and drilling
3) Shouldn't be too difficult
4) Im hoping I can do the same as would be done with the vRS

just found this

Originally Posted by Joel@APR View Post
A few things to consider before buying a S3 turbo for your A4:

1.) The turbo exhaust flange on a S3 and A4 are completely different. So, your A4 downpipe will NOT bolt up to this turbo and a custom downpipe will have to be made that incorporates a S3 (or GTI) flange.

2.) The manifold will not seat properly to the head unless the appropriate ear of the exhaust flange is trimmed and a new hole drilled (it will hit the motor mount).

3.) The compressor outlet and inlet of the turbo are in different locations than an A4. You would need custom hoses to make this work.

4.) A4s have a DV that's incorporated into the turbo where as the S3 has no provisions for this. So, your custom compressor outlet hose will also have to have a bung for a DV.

5.) With all of this custom hardware you will also need hose clamps and a custom exhaust gasket.

034 may have provisions for all of this. I just wanted to ensure that no one was mislead into believing you could simply bolt a S3 turbo on your A4, hook up the exhaust and plumbing, and go.

My Solutions;
1) De-cat pipe with the K04 flange for the A4 are available
2) Not scared of a bit of griding and drilling
3) Shouldn't be too difficult
4) Im hoping I can do the same as would be done with the vRS

I like your attitude Dan! Get stuck in son , I would and dont forget pics!

im in two minds to be honest as its my every day driver and Id be struggling without it for a few days, so can't really take the turbo off to find it can't be done

Well, I've just found someone whos already done this local to me so I'll be doing full write ups all being well

There's a guy over on vwaudiforum.co.uk called bez101 Who has an A4 2.0tfsi with an S3 turbo and injectors, may be worth having a word with him too.

Good stuff, looks like you'll be well on the way then, keep us posted on the progress mate.

Will do, its a shame no one makes the parts required, it would be so much easier then

Can I drag this back up? Has anyone done this that I can speak to?

I have a 2006 A4 DTM and a full S3 kit in my garage.

Look at solaris's thread about his bits arriving, or PM him, he's currently working on his conversion.

Can I drag this back up? Has anyone done this that I can speak to?

I have a 2006 A4 DTM and a full S3 kit in my garage.

iv done it quite a few times
and my current a4 is running it

Tell me more Bez, what do I need to do? I want it as factory looking as possible.