Question for the 3.0TDI (201PS) remapped guys

Marc1

Reaction score
Just wondered what sort of figures you guys have got from your remaps. The info on the good old www seems all over the shop, with some tuners suggesting around 256bhp and other claiming 275-280bhp, the same as the TDV versions. I'm not entirely sure why the figures would differ in all honestey as I'm fairly certain that the same turbo is used on both engines.

Any feedback or additional info would be interesting if poss, thanks.

I have got around 20 bhp from my map, but im not happy with it as it should be a gain of at least 30-40 bhp.

Although i have got the torque that was projected but for some reason not the bhp.

That does soound a little low mate. Have you spoken to the tuner? The torque is way up there though, that should push you back in the seat when you boot it. Is your's a manual or tip?

I have got around 20 bhp from my map, but im not happy with it as it should be a gain of at least 30-40 bhp.

Although i have got the torque that was projected but for some reason not the bhp.

What bhp have you got then? Your engine is 236bhp (from memory?) - but your sig says 275bhp which doesn't tie in with a 20bhp gain .... ?

Are those rolling road figures?

Do you have before and after figures taken on the SAME rolling road?

Wheel figures extrapolated to flywheel figures are totally dependent on whether the operator knows how to properly calibrate the powertrain losses, so they need to be treated with caution.

Are those rolling road figures?

Do you have before and after figures taken on the SAME rolling road?

Wheel figures extrapolated to flywheel figures are totally dependent on whether the operator knows how to properly calibrate the powertrain losses, so they need to be treated with caution.

Yes eventhing was done on a rolling road!

I have got to go back as since the last remap i have not been back to check what she is running, but the 20bhp gain was from the original map which i was not happy with.

I am hoping she is running more than 20bhp now but i am not convinced.