Cool Box Glove Box

stevehall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I know this is the wrong time of year, but i got myself a cool glove box off ebay...The one with the cooler section on the bottom shelf.

It has the pipe off the back of the cooler section that i guess connects to the AC.

Is there a obvious place to connect the pipe when I remove the old glove box?

If I put the AC onto Hot will it then turn the cooler into an oven?

Is there a obvious place to connect the pipe when I remove the old glove box?
YTes, there's a rubber plug with a convenient handle which you just pull out and clip the pipe in there.

If I put the AC onto Hot will it then turn the cooler into an oven?
No, it will still be a cool box!
The HVAC works by filtering the air, cooling it, then heating it and finally distributing it - the outlet for the cool glove box is after the cooler and before the heater.

YTes, there's a rubber plug with a convenient handle which you just pull out and clip the pipe in there.

No, it will still be a cool box!
The HVAC works by filtering the air, cooling it, then heating it and finally distributing it - the outlet for the cool glove box is after the cooler and before the heater.

Cheers PetrolDave! I had a feeling they would let it always cool! But thought they might have just had it connect to a vent feed!

Hope it arrives before christmas so it can give me something to do over the festive time off.

Got myself the new glove box with the cooler, but before i install it i would like to add the foot well lights, anyone know the part numbers for everything i would need to install footwell lights in the front?