Steering problems, I need some advice

jwhat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Well since I've had my car it pull's slightly to the left.

At first I thought it was the wheels and odd tyres on the back, but when I got my new wheels a few weeks ago all with even tyres it was still the same. So I got 4 wheel laser alignment done today and it's still the exact same!

So is it a trait of vw/audi's? (my dad has a golf and it does the same) or is something wrong? It really annoys me because It's not comfortable having two hands on the wheel with it dragging to the left.

Can anyone advise please?

i thought all cars generally pull to the left due to the camber in the road, or is yours a more serious pull than that.

I think it's more serious than that, I have a longish drive tomorrow and I'll check to see if it's the camber or not.

I have recently bought an A4 avant and with good tyres all round and it pulls to the left although on some roads not always noticable. Now you mention yours does it maybe it is a trait of the car.......

I think it's more serious than that, I have a longish drive tomorrow and I'll check to see if it's the camber or not.

Large diameter wheels and low profile Tyres cause this problem or certainly make the camber of roads more prominent a problem/concern. Now cars are being fitted with wheels and Tyres like this as standard your starting to notice these things. I've had older cars with big wheels and have always had this problem regardless of car. Mine does it terribly under acceleration due to the torque making it even worse. I love my Audi though...!!!

After driving a few other cars I've discovered it's the camber in the road and not the alignment.

Thanks for the help lads :thumbsup: